Restoration hardware / Refusal to sell pillows

Palisades Plaza, Palisades, NY, United States Review updated:

I have a $200 Gift Certificate to Restoration Hardware. Unlike all other stores, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, you cannot use these gift certificates at the Restoration Hardware website. You have to use your credit card and then send the gift certificate to them in to get your credit card credited. I have just bought a new sofa from Pottery Barn, thank goodness - hassle free and arrived early - and need some white pillows for the weekend. I drove 40 miles to the Restoration Hardware Store in Palisades Plaza to use my gift certificate. They had two pillows in the store with price tags on them that would work, but they would not sell them to me, because they didn't have any others. They said they would have to be ordered and sent to me which of course did me no good. I contrast this to William Sonoma. I was looking for a small kitchen cart. They has one that was perfect, but which they had discontinued. They were using it to display goods in the store. They called the manager at home on the weekend so they could sell it to me and sold it for a discounted price. We were all happy. I am just not sure what business Restoration Hardware is in, but from all the complaints on the web, it does not look like they are interested in selling retail merchandise or happy customers.

Comments