Restaurant.com / Scam and unauthorized charges!
In July 2007, I signed up for a coupon on restaurant.com to a restaurant near where I work. In JANUARY, Shopping Essentials Plus (an on-line shopping site of some kind) began charging my credit card for some type of membership fee for some type of services I never knew about and never requested. I traced the charges back to restaurant.com, but they claimed I must have signed up for Shopping Essentials Plus when I filled out an on-line questionnaire on their site.
I went back and reviewed restaurant.com's terms and conditions of use, and it states nothing about giving your credit card information to Shopping Essentials Plus, which is exactly what they did, without permission. Restaurant.com claimed no responsibility and simply referred me to Shopping Essentials Plus.
When I called Shopping Essentials Plus, I have to say, they were very nice. The lady I spoke to, Kanika, was apologetic and said she would credit the the membership charges back to my card. Restaurant.com was clearly not apologetic at all.
More Restaurant.com Complaints & Reviews
- Restaurant.com - This company is a scam! 
- Restaurant.com - Huge Scam - Stay Away 
- Restaurant.com - Hidden expenses & restaurant denies coupon 
- Restaurant.com - Consumer Fraud 
- Restaurant.com - buyer bewart 
- Restaurant.com - deals beyond meals
- Restaurant.com - the no cancel policy sucks!
- Restaurant.com - exchanged certificates disappeared from my account 
- Restaurant.com - mesa
- Restaurant.com - the actual site itself