RentalCars.com / car rental

United States Review updated:

I had a very bad experience with rentalcars.com. I booked a car for Germany through their app and the qoutes do not indicate that prices are for cars with limited milage. I only found that out when i reviewed the confirmation email carefully. I then tried to change at the last minute and rentalcars changed me to a car with unlimited milage at hertz. The sales person at rentalcars.com asked me whether i had a credit card which i confirmed. He mentioned, then i will not have to take out additional insurance. - however, when i arrived at the hertz desk, they explained to me that the bookong through rentalcars.com would require additional insurance: approx. Eur 400 for 5 days. Therefore, be careful with booking through rentalcars.com. You have to carefully read the fine print, otherwise you will find out only at the rental location that your car will cost you much more than what they have quoted. The Hertz sales staff knows the problem and indicated to me that i am not the first customer of rentalcars.com that became a vuctim of their misleading quotes.

Ho
Jul 09, 2016

Comments

• Ho
      Jul 09, 2016

Yes, be careful. Their quotes are misleading. Stay away from this company unless you enjoy troubles.