Rent a Center / complaint

1 Martinsville, VA, United States Review updated:

I purchased this very computer from rentacenter (used). for only $400. It was a great deal. I was never late on my payment. I was using my cousins number as a contact number. On the day my payment was due rentacenter called my cousin while she was in college just after opening. This was uncalled for, i was not late, had not been late. I consider this harrassment. This is bad for business because for the customers who do pay on time turn away and go to the competitors and are willing to pay more for reasons like this.

Te

Comments

• Ra
      16th of Feb, 2010

Terclou – I work at RAC (not that location) and I hear you. Speaking personally, if I didn’t know to expect it, that call would likely have annoyed me too. Since customer rental agreements expire each week (or month, depending on how you set it up with your store) it is RAC’s policy to call to renew the agreement each week and the people at the store should have explained that to you so that it wouldn’t take you off guard. Please know that now that you have an on-time renewal payment under your belt, you can request that the store not call you the day payments are due – that they should just anticipate you’ll pay that day – and they should honor your request. All that said, I understand that your main point with your post is that you think that policy stinks, but I hope that this will help make the rest of your rental period go more smoothly so you can feel better about getting that $400 deal on the computer. (That is a good deal, btw!)

• Po
      23rd of Mar, 2010

They did that to me too, which is why I am glad I no longer use them. However, they did come through in a pinch - but the weekly calls got to be way to much after a while! Plus their policy to not accept checks made life very hard. I had to make sure I had a credit card with enough free $ on it to pay them each week.