Rent A Center / used items

United States, South Carolina, Greer Review updated:
rent a center
we rented a washer/dryer set about a week ago. it was a used set, unfortunately it was infested with cockroaches and we did not realize it for a week. we noticed some bugs here and there and we finally decided that the washer and dryer is where they were coming from. we took them apart and it was gross. of course it was after hours, and we tried to get ahold of somebody, maybe a corporate office or something. no luck. i did not want to leave their nasty crap in my house not one minute longer, so we took it outside. we are going to call in the morning and demand they come get it and refund our money. good luck with that i guess.

N  18th of Jan, 2009 by
Unfortuanately I have had to deal with this problem before on the opposite side as a Rent A Center store manager. Trust me it is just a frustrating for a store manager as it is for you. 1. We lose a customer through most times no fault of our own 2. We have to pay for the mistake (which i wont complain about as we should pay for the damages)
Rest assured that it was not done on purpose and I offer the following suggestions to assist you in getting this taken care of:

What you need to do is contact the store manager of the store from which you rented the items. He or she can have an exterminator come to your home and take care of the problem at no charge to you. The store manager can refund the money that you paid. If he or she is uncoperative with you then call the 800 number that all RAC stores are required to post behind their counter. Then the District Manager will contact you, but please try the store manager route first.

As a Rent A Center Store Manager, I apologize for this unfortunate, extremely inconvienencing and embaressing event. I hope you are able to get this fixed. If you have an problems feel free to email me and I will do my best in helping you resolve the situation.
D  23rd of Dec, 2009 by
Rent furnituer from Fox run in Bear delaware it fell apart in two weeks contacted the store manager refused to do anything about it so i asked for distrit manger i was told to get number on my on

Rent-A-Center Logo Rent-A-Center