Rent a Center / harrassment & awful treatment
I rented a used washer & dryer from rent a center. I had them for about 6 months, and then I rented a tv. About 3 months into having the tv and washer and dryer, I was 3 days late on a payment. Even though I spoke to the person over my account and advised when I would pay, I got 12 phone calls the same day from the store I rented from. The following due date, I was called on the due date, in, as they put it, a courtesy reminder call, 16 times. When I spoke with them, I advised that I would be in the following business day, and was still called 8 times that next morning. I decided to let the washer & dryer go back, since I found a cheaper pair for cash. I called to speak to the person over my account, and instead the person that answered the phone spoke with me about my account. I had made previous arrangements to have the W & D picked up, but this new person proceeded to call me ignorant and a dead beat. Said I wouldn't have any problems if I learned to pay my bills on time. I explained that I had already spoken to my account manager, and the rudeness I've experienced with this store is why I was trying to sever my ties with RAC. He told me, it was my fault, I was receiving rude treatment, becuase I wasn't holding up my end of the bargain. I asked for a manager, he said he was the manager. I later learned he was not. Needless to say, they have their items back, and I will never deal with them again, and am advising others not to as well.
More Rent a Center Complaints & Reviews
- Rent a Center - horrible! 
- Rent a Center - fraud and scam 
- Rent a Center - the insurance policy needs to be changed 
- Rent a Center - violation fdcp; fraudulent actions 
- Rent a Center - awful experience 
- Rent-A-Center - trespassing
- Rent-A-Center - store manager, district manager
- Rent-A-Center - customer service
- Rent a Center - monies being kept by manager named vincent
- Rent-A-Center - horrible!! I would never use them again!