Rent-A-Center / what can we do

They have been harassing me 4 weeks. They have come into my house illegally and taken their property but they are still harassing me as if they don't know what the heck is going on. I did not file a police report because I'm glad they got their TV back. What else can I do? They say THEY are going to take legal action. Can they? They got their stuff! They have now started beating on our windows and it's scaring my kids. I'm usually not home when they come, but the kids are? What can we do?

Va

Comments

• Sn
      30th of Jan, 2009

You know what if you cant pay for the ### in the first place which you knew damn well you could not then they do have a right to go in there and I would have loved to see you call the cops, they would have told you the same thing i just did. Not only is that your first mistake, but trying to say they are harassing you!!! Pay the bill you big dummy!!! Seriously you are wrong about rent a center. they are the greatest people even corp is nice.

1st Sargent Geary~ Navy Seals

• Al
      17th of Feb, 2009

Wow you are an idiot...and must work for rent a center...they do this to you even if you pay for the ### you [censored]...AND I DID CALL THE POLICE and they flipped out...you cant strong arm people, just like the cop told me i dont care if you owed them a billion dollars...they can't come into your house or beat on your doors...AND ALL MY PAYMENTS ARE ONTIME!!! this just happened to me In Prospect heights illinois...i had 2 rent a center employees try and brake into my house while i was home with my 5 year old son...They were beating on the door and telling me to open up, like they were the freaking police or something...they would not go away and told me that they were like loan sharks and that they would be back to my house if i didn't pay this is all on tape mind you. I called the police and filed a report with them because it scared me to death. The police said it was illegal for them to do this and harrass me like this. They actually tried to use a credit card to brake into my house . I could see them through the peak hole. I was terrified. It was like a scene from the godfather. The police did go and tell them to leave me alone. DO NOT EVER GO TO RENT-A-CAENTER
    I went to the one in Niles Illinois. they are unproffesional and take part in illegal opperations
    -Ali
    Prospect Heights IL

• Th
      10th of Jul, 2009

those guys broke every single last policy that is in their litle handbook

31st of Oct, 2009

I got a computer from them I only owed 200 dollars on it. I went back in and for some reasson my 200 dollars went up to 800 we got in a big fight with them after not understanding why i could never pay it off cause they just kept increasing what I owe. I told them I wasn't giving them my computer back. So they started calling everyday not ones but at least 5 times called my family called my work non stop. Came to my house my husband and I got in a fight w/them in our front yard they told us we would go to jail and they would break in 2 are house if they had to they have done it before. The things they would say over the phone just pissed me off I just gave these people 5000 dollars and only owed 200 on my computer I had been a customer for a year and this is how they treat me. It was like they were trying to get the computer back so they could make more money. So eventually I got sick of the phone calls, them showing up at my house so I gave it back. Well when I went back to the store to talk to the manager about all this. my computer was back up for sale for the original price I bought it for and in there rental agreement it clearly states that they can only sale a rental item for what is owed on it wich was the 200 dollars and I seen it there and I told them what I knew and they told me oh we messed up on the price of it. Yah, right thet were trying to make more money off it. What they do is not right there a bunch of liars and the phone calls and they are rude who gives a ### if im late on my payment thats why there a late fee.

• Ah
      7th of Jan, 2011

Hi my name is ahkime, and i am a RAC, customer now i got a laptop from them and a play station3 two nights ago i went out of town to be with my sick family member i left my phone with my roomate just in case they called i was 3days late then someone climed threw my window and stole my playstation and my laotop so i made a police report and took it to RAC!! THEY TOLD ME MY INSAURANCE was out so i have to still paid for the stuff can someone tell me what to do, i have a police report?