Rent A Center / terrible experience

United States Review updated:

I rented a washer and dryer and today I took a $25.00 money order and $4.63 in cash, to pay a late fee on the washer and dryer since I was a couple days late. Romone at the Leano St. Elyria, Ohio 44035, He refused the payment and brought the money and was trying to leave it on the side walk at the store that I had left to pay the bill. I owe CashEvantage and they said since I owe CashEdvantage that they can refuse payment for the washer and dryer. It is two separate businesses. How can they do this?
Va

Comments

Fe
  29th of Sep, 2008
I agree completely with you about rent a center's shady business practices. It seems that not only do they not care...but try and screw you over even more if they can do it. I am currently renting a TV and a washer and dryer. They call me all the time even though I'm not late on my payments...but they claim that I am. They're tacking on late pay penalties and have even gone as so far as to call me at home and tell my wife one thing and then tell me something completely different which has caused arguments and stress. They've lied about how much I was going to pay. They've lied about my contract agreements. They have deliberately tried to cause arguments between me and my wife. And so far even the management hasn't even tried to contact me about the situation at all.
So
  18th of Jan, 2009
If they are calling you about late payments it is because your payments are LATE. You may not think that they are but obviously they are if you are getting calls. and of course they are tacking of late fees because your account is late and of course they are going to call you because your payment is late and the amounts are going to change if you don't pay your payment the amount will continue to get larger. How can you lie about something that is on paper? Nobody is changing your due dates in the computer. 1 because they cant 2. why would they pay your payment for you?
My advice to you: Pay your bill or return the merchandise!

Its annoying when people complain about rent a center because they cant make their payments on time. That is one thing that I really cant help you with. Give me a legitimate problem and I will be glad to help you!

Rent-A-Center Logo Rent-A-Center