Reliance Broadband / delayed termination and excess bill

Jul 7, 2015
Reliance Communications Limited
Phone: 8378837628

I feel upset to be bring this issue to Complaintsboard, since I always believed connection termination will be a simple and painless process with Reliance broaband.

To make long story short, I made a broadband connection termination request for my connection with reliance customer care through email on 26th May 2015. But the actual connection was terminated on 1st July 2015 (After 1 month 6 days), the billing department is asking me to pay whole June rent.

My SR id for disconnection request is: [protected] (on 26/05/2015 at 10:01 AM). I have email from Reliance team in my inbox which is a proof of the same.

Ideally a typical disconnection time is 10 days max from the termination request date. And the amount is payable on pro-rata basis for the same.

My Regular billing amount is Rs. 999 + Rs.140 ST (total Rs. 1139 per month)
Thus if we calculate this for the 10 days it should be Rs. 333 + Rs. 47 ST (total Rs. 380)
So the total payable by me should be (Rs. 1139 + 380 = Rs. 1519)

Now the Reliance broadband billing team (or outsourced lawyers/contractors) team is calling me and forcing me to make a payment of Rs. 2359.

I've repeatedly informed customer care since the time of disconnection that I have not received any bill and any confirmation of termination, but no one really helped. (I have proof of all these emails on following dates).
May 25th
June 14th
June 30th
July 5th

I request someone to please help and sort the issue, as billing team is unnecessary harassing me for the payment.

A  7th of Jul, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Also just for your information, i am receiving abusive calls from reliance contractors for not paying the bill. All i am requesting them is to give me fair bill that i can pay. I have not received any bill till date (no hard copy/soft copy received!)

Also during my 3 year history with Reliance, I've been extremely prompt in paying bills, i've paid bills usually 14-15 days in advance every month, someone can check that with Reliance if he wants.

Reliance Communications Logo Reliance Communications