Reader's Digest / Unethical Business Practice and Delaying Tactics to correct problem

1 16 Dervock CrescentToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-226-1444

Without consulting with me, Reader's Digest unilaterally decided to take $34.94 from my credit card to pay for a gift subscription. When I confronted them about it, they admitted to the "mistake" and promised that they would credit the amount to my account. It has been more than three months now and they still have NOT credited my account. They cannot even give me a definitive date as to when they would do so.

I am quite surprised that a longstanding company like Reader's Digest would engage in such unethical business practice and would keep stalling to try to address a "billing error" that they made.

Vincent

Comments

La
  4th of Sep, 2008

readers digest called me and said that they were going to send me a free special selections book I agreed they sent me the book. now they are billing me for a book they say sent not the free one i don't think but i never received another i also did not order any. they are billing me for a book i never ordered or received.telling me i am seriously overdue theatning collection action etc. This is not the first time they have made deceptive billing to me they also bill for a gift subscription that i gave one year telling me i owe for the next year. I did not sign up for life on a gift subscription. They send their bills which are really subscription renewals like you owe them with no orders. I will no longer order or do business with them again I have been a customer of theirs since the 60's and am very dissapointed with their billing procedures and will not do business with them again unless i receive an apology and rectification of the misdeeds by this company. Larry