RCN / Terrible Service

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

RCN is TERRIBLE. Had an appointment from 5-8 PM on the day of my move to have my service transferred. I waited 4 hours and the technician NEVER SHOWED UP - NEVER EVEN CALLED! And if you've ever tried to get through to customer service, you know it is near to impossible to reach anybody - and when you do, they are ABSOLUTELY USELESS!! They have screwed up my billing - they kept charging me for premium channles after i canceled them, claiming that I never called to cancel. I had to argue with 10 people to have that remoed from my bill. And the HD cable is terrible. The sound never matches up with the picture - so that is fairly annoying to watch! Not sure what my options are - COMCAST is just as bad ! It's a shame we can't get some real competition in cable companies, then maybe they would step up service. As of now, there is NONE. Do NOT get RCN!!!

Do

Comments

4th of Aug, 2009

I don't know what's going on with all the RCN phone numbers. I tried all those listed on my bills and the 1800-ring-rcn and could not get through. It's either "an invalid number" or "cannot be dialed from your area". I tried contacting them via email, and also no response.

What the heck is going on?