RC Willey / rc willey taking advantage of customers

US Review updated:

Help for the consumer, I want it known how RC Willey Of Las Vegas treats their customer’s. I purchased a new refrigerator 6 months ago. I also have a service warranty for 1 year. I purchased the refrigerator in February 2012 and it is now November 2012. A month after purchasing it The freezer didn’t work properly. It would not keep cold and I was losing a lot of food. It has been 6 months and freezer is still not fixed. RC gave me a service company to contact, I called this company and the first attempt they could not find my house, so I had to reschedule the appointment again, The second time, he said he called and could not get thru the gate of the gated community I live in, I never got a phone call, so again I had to reset the appt, Each time I reset the appt it was again several weeks out. When he finally came to try to fix it back in August, he came and said he had to order the parts. The parts finally came in 2 weeks ago . It took 2 months to get the parts in. ( the end of October) all thru this time I had to shut down the refrigerator and make the ice melt off to open the vents to allow the cold air to circulate. The vents in the freezer were frozen so no circulation was taking place and the heater to melt the ice did not work causing the food to thaw out.. I contacted RC, explained to them that the problem still persists and I feel in all fairness I should be given a new Refrigerator, being one attempt was made to fix it, and it still does not work. They had 2 options for me to choose from, 1) have another service man come out again and try to fix it, again or they would give me another one but wants to charge me a 30% restocking fee. I dont feel that is fair to me the consumer. I did not break this refrigerator, It has not worked right since the day I bought it, I bought it from RC Wiley and I feel they should replace it at no cost to me, especially being I have a warranty. Could someone please help me in this situation. I feel that RC Wiley is passing the buck on this, And they dont care about the fact of me losing food and all the stress and inconvenience this has caused me. and they have the nerve to want to charge me a 30% restocking fee. Now Thanks Giving is around the corner and I still dont have a Refrigerator that the freezer works properly, Not to mention when the vents clog up the temperature in the Refrigerator also doenst work properly and I lost milk and dairy product as well. Please Help me.

Ai

Comments

• Ay
      Nov 07, 2012

Rhonda,

I apologize for your freezer and the issues that have ensued with the freezer and the servicer. I have discussed the issues with our management and they have been working on resolving the issue. I believe that everything should be resolved soon.

Adam
    Community/Online Reputation Manager
    RC Willey Corporate Offices

• Je
      Mar 03, 2013

Bought a children's bedroom set at RC willey around 5 yeras ago. first set came damaged, 2nd set, damaged, 3rd set damaged, 4th set damaged. I finally gave up and accepted an offer on the least damaged dresser and mirror for a 15% discount, the headboard I couldn't keep even with a discount, not one passable in the bunch. We ended up buying a metal one from them(don't ask me why) which worked out for us and was cheaper. I swore I wouldn't buy again from RC Willey but broke my promise just recently in buying a fridge. The fridge showed up undamaged on the front and sides but we neglected to look at the rear where it looks like it either fell on a handtruck or was run into by a forklift at the werehouse. We called initially to get a replacement because a fan kept running after 20 hrs from plug in. We didin't notice the rear dents till later when I rolled it away from the wll to inspect it. Before dlivery of this first fridge I asked to have the fridge unboxed in front of me so I knew it was factory fresh. It came unboxed but still had shrink wrap on the front protecting the stainless steel so maybe they're not shipped in a box, I don't know, but it's possible. A replacemnt fridge is coming, I hope, but I'm now dreading whether this one might have damage elsewhere after reading accounts from others who bought fridges and other appliances as delivery with dents seems to be very common, not only pertaining to RC Willey but to other retailers as well. I think it's buyer beware no matter who you are dealing with and you'd better be on your toes.

• Ay
      Mar 04, 2013

Jesselv,

I'm sorry about the issue. I'd be happy to follow up on the delivery issue to make sure it is addressed correctly. Please contact me on here or via email

Adam Young