Rainsoft / poor service

I purchased a rainsoft water treatment system in 2004, and it worked fine and I was well pleased with it. About 3 months ago it just stopped working. I always added the salt as instructed, and the last salt I put in, was when I noticed it had stopped working. It is a shame to have invested so much money into a product that just stops working for no apparent reason. Does anyone out there know who I need to contact to get service? I would really appreciate it. Another complaint I have is that the salesmen they have out there do shady things behind your back. I signed the contract and someone forged my husband's signature on the contract so that he too, would be responsible for paying for this system. My husband was out of town when I signed the papers, but somehow my husband's signature magically appeared on the contract.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      29th of Dec, 2008

I agree--- I think there is some shady stuff going on at Rainsoft. I called Discovery Marketing (that is who Rainsoft.com told me to call for Florida) and they said I had a PAST DUE bill to cover before they would send out a repair person at $125 for the first half hour. Apparently, they rebuilt a motor last year and never told me about it! I remember calling them last year for salt delivery and they said if I bought X amount of salt that they would do a "free inspection" of my unit. Well, I left them a check for the pre-determined amount, and that was that...until now, a year later when they informed me that they had rebuilt the motor and that I still owed on it. WHAT?!?!? I never even received a bill for these unwanted repairs! The customer service person offered to take the late charges off for me...ugh. I am digusted with Rainsoft and Discovery Marketing. What a scam!

• Hg
      30th of Sep, 2009

Carter

I also live in Florida, I used to be a customer of discovery marketing also.

I now use A&B Marketing in Jacksonville, they travel all over the state, allthough I guess it will depend on how far you really are from them.

Any way I have found them (A&B) to be a good service company to deal with and they actually turn up when they say. The two guys I have met from the service dept one older man and a Scottish guy both seemed to know their job and I was impressed that the cost I was told on the phone and the cost I was told by the service guys was the same

I would allways use A&B