Rainsoft / high pressure, rude salesman wasted 2 hours of our time

If you like to be subjected to rude, fast talking, high pressure sales pitches, then Rainsoft is the company you've been looking for! Just respond politely to the telemarketer, agree to a "quick" water analysis at your home, show the sales person into your home, and let the fun begin. Make sure you don't have any appointments for the next three hours, as this is how long it will take to receive the full treatment. If at the end of the show you decide not to spend the 8, 000.00-10, 000.00@ 17% interest, be prepared for a sudden change in Mr. Water Tester/ Salesman, as his bright, cheerful mood is replaced by a surly, arrogant rudeness. As you clean up the mess he made, pack his bag and show him the door, you can be assured that a good time was had by all, and you'll be in touch soon. NOT!

Va

Comments

• Dr
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I wouldn't buy anything from Rainsoft, even if they were offering a 99% discount. This has to be the rudest bunch of people I have ever dealt with. The salesman was actually very nice, but when he wouldn't take no for an answer, he put me on the phone with some jack ###. This guy thought he was the most intelligent person on earth, and he was so confident that he was going to close this deal on the phone. Anyway, I hung up on him and escorted the salesman to the door.

• Ro
      14th of May, 2009

yes if you won't a overpriced water softener, and be pressured into a product that is only 50.00 dollars worth of electronics and 100.00 dollars worth of fiberglass tanks, for the unreal price of 9, 000.00 dollars, you to can be one more notch on their gun handle, and on top of that they lie to you about it being a promo. my system flooded the house 3 months after they put it in and their response was that they did not cover that, my insurance company is taking them to court.

• Bo
      3rd of Aug, 2009

By the statements the people are making you can tell they are not the most educated people you would come up against in public. First of all to the guy with the plumbing problem, unless your problem is at the site where the unit was installed and it was a direct complication from the unit, OF COURSE IT WOULD NOT BE THERE FAULT and why should they cover it. (Man people just want to pass the buck). “Hey there’s a company with a lot of money lets go after them for something they possibly couldn’t be at fault about and maybe I can slander their good name and get something for nothing.” IDIOT!!!

And to the guy that says they were “RUDE” to him??? Take a look at his statement where he calls the manager a “[censored]”, then he hung the phone up him, and then walked the guy to the door.

First of all these statements look like they were wrote buy someone with a third grade education. Second, Rainsoft is not only a national company they are worldwide. They have received the ISO9001 certification which is nearly 100 percent customer satisfaction rating. (I guess these are the two people out of millions that aren’t happy)

5th of Jan, 2010

ISO is the International Organization of Standardization. ISO 9001 is not necessarily an indicator of good of customer service, but more along the lines of a company's process/procedures, and the improvement thereof...nothing to do with customer service, per se, unless it's with the process/procedure in which they handle customer service, but definitely not their customer service level.

At any rate, you shouldn't assume that it wasn't the system that caused the flood; the comment specifically stated that the system caused a flood, and that his insurance company is subrogating, indicating that not only does the commentor find it to be a result of the system, but the insurance company also finds it to be the fault of the system. Why do people have to go jumping all over everyone about everything and making such assumptions.

BTW, for those who are trying to defend RainSoft, I'm all for that, but you should probably try to find a nicer way to do it, because when you attack people for their complaints, rather than rationalizing, it makes you look like the [censored] yourself...kinda goes for those filing the complaints too...generally sticking to facts, rather than name-calling and/or childish accusations and/or slander, will make a complaint fly a lot farther.

• Hi
      21st of Jan, 2010

Ever since I've had my Rainsoft unit I have seen a dramatic difference in many things in my home. My hair feels much softer, my skin is clearer and I actually enjoy drinking and cooking with my RO water. Although it is investment, the return has been great for me and my family and we truly enjoy our system.

• Kb
      4th of Jan, 2012

I like my Rain soft system but the company in DE are rude and they to bully you into service and filter replacements when they are not needed. I have been lied to by the owner and talked down and even told not to post anything bad about the company or else. I do like the over priced system and it does work. I just don't like the company and their rudeness . $85 to come check to see if my system is still operating fine each year is too much. this doesn't include the filters they try to sell you. make sure if they come out that they don't install filters where they are not needed. I wasn't sure why if I had a whole house filter why I needed on on my sink and ice maker. check the top ten water softeners and filters Rainsoft is not one of them and the top system is about $1400.00 according to the web since and consumer reports compared to 6k for rain soft