RaceTrac — universal lack of receipts at the pump, or why I stopped buying gas at racetrac
No matter whether here in Naples, FL or the others in FL I have tried it seems a company policy [no paper in the printer] to get the customer inside. I was so aggravated at one station after this repeated policy-driven situation that I had again to go inside to retrieve a receipt.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Naples, FL There I got into a raised-voice exchange with an employee; enough of this! I started using my phone camera to take a picture which sufficed as a receipt. It turned out approaching 50% for lack of receipt. This has never happened at Costco or Sams, hummmm. On another occasion in Naples my credit card was scanned and i got a call shortly thereafter from the CC company, someone had hit the card for $90 of fuel at, you guessed it, the same Racetrac. There is a Small Shell gas station / convenience store near the Racetrac, I use that station, always a receipt.
Updated by phargoh, May 14, 2019
It's a business ploy; get 'em in the store to purchase something. Neither do I see a positive future for corporate to change their annoying policy. Further the $0.009/gallon; when fuel was $0.25/gallon 9/10's of a cent was a bit more significant; now just asinine.
I don't play in their sandbox.
More RaceTrac Complaints & Reviews
- RaceTrac Gas And Store (Convenience Variety) - overcharging 
- RaceTrac - marlboro cigarettes promotion
- RaceTrac - unauthorized credit card charges 
- RaceTrac - customer service 
- RaceTrac - racetrac rewards application
- RaceTrac - store management please address the decline in customer service
- RaceTrac - store transaction gone wrong 
- RaceTrac Store 240, 7801 Crowley Rd, Ft Worth, TX 76123 - employee's comment and rudeness caused a threatening scenario for myself
- RaceTrac - racetrac state road 84 fort lauderdale
- RaceTrac - hiring