Qwest Communications / money order that I unintentionally mailed to qwest

1 1801 California Street, Denver, CO 80202Denver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-244-1111

I accidentally sent a $400.00 money order made out to First Eagle Funding to Qwest on Monday, April 14, 2008. That money order was for my car payment. I sent my money order for Qwest, for $100.00, to First Eagle Funding, which I received back from them yesterday.

I immediately called Qwest on Tuesday when I found out what happened, and between Tuesday and today, I have spoken with NINE different people at Qwest, who have ALL told me that they will go ahead and CASH my money order! That is BOGUS! The first two people that I spoke with were in Seattle, very uncooperative. They've all been uncooperative with the exception of one person I spoke with yesterday. They claim that they STILL haven't received my money order, and I find that funny since the money order reached First Eagle Funding on Tuesday. This is Thursday. I contacted the Colorado PUC, which contacted Qwest yesterday, who has 14 days to respond, but that's NOT helping me retrieve my car payment money! Any suggestions anyone????

Comments

• So
      21st of Aug, 2008

And you're mad at the company? You should be mad at yourself. As far as your car payment goes, pawn some stuff to get it paid. And take your money order stub down to the storefront where you purchased it from. They can't cash the money order, you know this, it will be mailed back to you, however I fear it will take 2 to 4 weeks because that's how the cookie crumbles. I sure hope you cashed out the money order for 100 bucks in order to pay part of your car payment. If not, I would assume you mailed it off to the company in question to make sure at least that bill is paid. Keep your car hidden, keep calling the car finance company to let them know the status at all times, pay what you can to them even if they say they only want full payment of the 400 and keep thinking positive. It was a mistake and you'll pay dearly for it with worry. But in the end the numbers will come out even, although you'll never feel totally good about it. I know it's not what you'd want to hear, but what else is there?