QVC / bait and switch on product offer

WA, United States Review updated:

I ordered a set of pans from QVC. The product id, description and picture stated that the pans would be blue. When the package arrived, the pans were red. The description has now changed on the website to say that the pans are red but the picture remains blue.
Not an expensive set of pans.
Not a big deal and I can live with the red ones.
What is frustrating is the 'bait and switch' tactics they used.
While looking for this specific set of pans, I located them locally and at two other online retailers. I specifically ordered them from qvc.com because they offered the BLUE ones. The price was 5 dollars higher and I would have to have them shipped.
If I wanted red, I would have bought local, saved the 5 bucks and the $7.47 shipping and handling.
Annoying...
I will NEVER do business with QVC again and will advise everyone I meet to do the same. Bad business.
Kw

Comments

Mo
  9th of Dec, 2008
I agree that QVC's selling tactics are questionable. I stopped doing business with them months ago. I can't honestly say they did a bait and switch with me. However, I have found their pricing on many items non-competitive. For many things (not all) you can go to the vendor's website and get the same item less expensive. The reason being is the vendors often provide free shipping. It is true that due to their buying power they can make special deals on sizing and/or kits. I have found, however, that I only use a few items in the kits so the value is not really there. I prefer to buy a specific, individual item right from the vendor. If the product is unique to QVC, I usually go to the vendor's website and many times they have a similar product. To each his/her own, but I do not really have much faith in QVC these days. This is only my opinion.
Re
  21st of Apr, 2011
WE POSTED THIS IN EVERY YAHOO BLOG, AND WE SPOKE TO N.B.C. T.V. AND THEY ARE LOOKING INTO DOING THE STORY...ALSO YOU REFUSED 3 WAY CALL WITH DELL, AND DELL REP TOLD Q.V.C. THAT THEIR SOLUTION WAS UNACCEPTABLE. DELL IS LOOKING INTO THIS MATTER AS YOU COMMITTED FALSE ADVERTISEMENT...HERE IS THE BLOG...

DON'T BUY FROM Q.V..C., THEY GOT CAUGHT SELLING OBSOLETE ITEMS AS STATE OF THE ART, IN COMPUTERS. WE HAVE PROOF & ARE INFORMING THE PUBLIC. THEY WERE SELLING NOTEBOOKS AS BEING BUILT TO ORDER, BUT WERE IN FACT BUILT OVER A YEAR AGO AND STASHED IN THEIR WAREHOUSE...DON'T BUT FROM Q.V.C THEY REFUSE TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION AND NOW WANT US TO RETURN COMPUTER FOR NEWER MODEL, BUT WILL NOT SEND IT TILL WE RETURN OBSOLETE ITEM. THEY GOT CAUGHT & ARE TRYING TO KEEP US QUIET FOR THIS NEW MODEL. WE WOULD RATHER INFORM THE PUBLIC NOT TO BUY FROM Q.V.C AS THEY GOT CAUGHT SCAMMING...WHO KNOW'S HOW MANY OTHER TIMES THAY HAVE SCAMMED THE PUBLIC WITH THEIR ITEMS???? PUBLIC BEWARE...DO NOT SHOP OR BUY FROM Q.V.C.

QVC Logo QVC