Quest Diagnostics / fraudulent billing

For a YEAR, I had a running battle with Quest Diagnostics regarding billing for a set of laboratory tests requested by one of my physicians. When the sent the bill to Blue Cross Blue Shield for reimbursement, Quest used a diagnostic code that was different from what the doctor used on the requesting prescription, AND also they requested the reimbursement in the category of "medical care" instead of "diagnostic pathology." As a result, of course, BCBS denied the claim and Quest sent me a bill for$626.80, which is more than six times the "usual and customary" cost for that set of tests. For a while I went round and round with Quest, then I contacted BCBS and was told that the claim would be paid if Quest resubmitted with appropriate codes. I contacted Quest with this information, but they resubmitted the bill again with the same old codes they had used previously. Finally I contacted my physician and asked her office to intervene on my behalf. It took multiple interventions on my physician's part, including formal appeals to BCBS, before BCBS finally paid the claim. The "allowable amount" turned out to be $98.11, of which I was supposed to be responsible for 10% co-pay and BCBS paid the remaining $88.33 directly to Quest. Elapsed time: one full year. Interestingly, I have not yet received a corrected billing from Quest. I sent them payment along with a copy of BCBS's Explanation of Benefits. We'll see what happens. I don't trust these folks.

Comments

• Ur
      30th of Oct, 2009

you are most likey a ###. quest has nothing to do with the dx or "diagnostic code" they come from the doctors office. and insurances screw not only the doctors but hospitals labs and patients. you reaqlly should educate yourself before making claims about companys that you no nothing about.

• Ro
      28th of Nov, 2011

You attitude and comments are rude and baseless. You know nothing about the claim and do not work in the billing department. Identify yourself you ###!

• Qu
      20th of Dec, 2011

Obviously the people who replied work for Quest, those money sucking ###.

• Do
      20th of Dec, 2013

I am going through the exact thing right now but my bill is over $5, 000. I to was told that quest was yousing an outdated billing code urmom above is the ###. I also asked Quest to send be somthing with my signature showing i approved these tests and the results of said test and they said noway, you are not the client the hospital is. what other company has the balls to demand $5000 from you with no proof of anything and will not even give you any details. I am reporting them to my state insurance board.

• Un
      21st of Jul, 2015

We had three experiences wher Quest billed us 6- 18 months after the susposed treatment and tests were done. Every other provider was paid promptly. Quest has changed their reason for sending the bill to us many times. I really believe that they count on people's laziness to look up past medical records or fear of a bad mark on their credit report to get these payments. Once they charged my wife more than the doctor doing the treatment for just being in the room when the sample was taken. My wife insists there was no body else in the room.

• Sk
      8th of Apr, 2017

oh they are balance billing that is for sure..i feel there is an angry billing crew there..i do not think it is the ceo however the complaint with Unilab says different. Balance billing well illegal or extortion..i am looking into this matter I have the state on my side..no fines I want a mugshot

• Ka
      20th of Jul, 2017

How can you trust a business (Quest Diagnostics), if it allows an established CRIMINAL woman an access to patient records or tests? That criminal is Marina Noble (former Marine Mkhitaryan, DOB 06/02/1966), an Armenian immigrant who has hardly survived deportation, and now residing in 4 Repton Circle, Apt. 4101, Watertown, MA 02472. Please remember that name MARINA NOBLE, as there is no guarantee that you will not meet that fraudster criminal (credit card hacker, scammer, shoplifter, identity THIEF) one day. There are many Marina Noble-s in the world (including in UK), but there is only ONE Marina Noble (converted from Marine Mkhitaryan) - an Armenian nationality, and who resides in Massachusetts.

From her country Armenia to the USA, Marina's biography is satiated with multiple crimes: fraud, identity theft, credit card hacking/using, shoplifting, bad wording about everybody, FALSIFYING documents (including medical records, IDs), mail fraud (randomly picking attorney names from the Internet and composing fake letters under their names and without their awareness), prostitution, libels, scandals, slanders, opening countless fake email accounts under the names of individuals she personally knows and sending vulgar and hacking, hrassing emails to others (especially married men) from those fake (impersonating) email accounts. She has stayed in the USA through IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Marina Noble came to the USA through Edmund Muskie program (when she did not know a single English word then), violated the 212 E immigration code and stayed after the program (2001-2003) against the regulations of the J1 visa and Immigration Law. She survived deportation by randomly locating an alcoholic unemployed lost person from Craiglist.org (William Noble from West Yarmouth, MA), dating him when he was still married, breaking his family and marrying him with her pregnancy from another man (again, from the online dating sites). The child, Sophia Noble, was born way before their marriage registration. The Immigration has been very nice to her, by closing eyes to her fraud and false intent statement (in waiving the 212E rule) and therefore, we all ended up in an intricate situation when this DANGEROUS CRIMINAL works in Quest Diagnostics.

Marina Noble photographs patient records from Quest Diagnostics and embeds them in her anonymous Internet posts that she opens under various doctors' names to put those doctors in trouble (for breach of privacy, when her targeted doctors remain of those impersonating postings). Marina Noble is a SICK-In-THE-HEAD terror. She must be stopped!

Everybody: follow your citizenship duties and report to the USCIS and Homeland Security about this woman (Marina Noble), so her immigration history and files will be revisited. More likely, she will not be deported as she formed a so-called family in the USA on the ruins of others, but at least she will pay the fine ($20, 000 - $100, 000) for her false intent and for lying to the Immigration Authorities. This is how this country must thrive, by recovering its budget through fining the grand-criminals and allocating the funds for the welfare of children, seniors, and veterans..

Marina Noble is the low, petty and hooligan version of Bernie Madoff. She cannot keep a job as each time she is being kicked out for doc falsifications and fraud.. She has a wealth of criminal records and warrants. Doesn't the Quest D's CEO know this? Formerly, Marina Noble was bragging and false-misrepresenting herself as the owner of Atlantic Clinical Trials LLC (in watertown, MA) then the web-listing of that phantom company was removed by her, after her fraud was released (she would locate random names from cemeteries, or online, and open fake patient records to report to clinical trial agencies that she has performed phase-1 drug efficiency trial on those persons, who sadly would remain unaware that their names being used by that criminal woman). Marine Noble's elder daughter, Azniv Shahverdyan, has also worked shortly with Quest Diagnostics (an entire criminal family attacking on this serious business and patient records...)

Marina Noble's and her daugher Azniv Shahverdyan's pictures are attached below, together with my receipt they have published in the Internet without my consent. WIth that, they did not intent to harm me, yet with that they wanted to harm the doctor under whose name they have published their posts (impersonation, class-3 felony crime), disseminating their hooligan posts in multiple hate sites and forums.