Quality Inn / charges

Rome, NY, United States

On March 30, 2012, I asked my travel agent to cancel my reservation for 1 night at the Quality Inn in Rome NY. I had to change my travel plans with short notice and had to stay in a Comfort Inn Newburgh, NY (which is always good). The manager from the Quality inn, Rome told the travel agent that there was a 24 hour cancellation notice clause and charged me for one night. As a Choice Privileges member I called him my self to try and reason with the manager who was rude to my travel agent when she spoke to the manager in Rome. I told him that I notified my travel agent on 3/30 to cancel for 4/2 and he said did not receive the notice. I asked him if I could at least cover it with Choice Privileges points. He said he had to call somebody and to call him back. After calling him back 3 times and receiving the same answer. I checked my Choice Privileges activity and saw that I was billed for $117 for the room and didn't stay there (since I stayed in Newburgh, NY).

I think something has to be done about the Management of this hotel. I have read on the Internet several complaints, actually many different ones covering various topics relating to conditions of this particular hotel, all coming down to the rude and unprofessional treatment the customers received by the same manager (actually his name is Peter). I stayed at this hotel for years in the 90's and early 2000's and apparently no upgrades have been made.
I would advise that not only something be done to eliminate the current management/ownership of the quality inn in Rome, NY but to have the board of health pay them a visit as well.

Choice Hotels is a good organization and this particular location is giving the organization a bad name.