Qatar Airways / mishandled baggage. lies and delay by melbourne qatar airways staff

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

We flew back to australia in early october 2018. My baggage was delayed by 40 hours. When it was finally delivered to our home one of the bags was clearly tempered with as the tough plastic wrap was fully removed. My husband asked the driver if he has any documents from the customs confirming the need to remove protective wrap from the bag - and he said "no." he also said that he received the bags in that exact condition and left. When I unpacked the bags a few items were missing (including an apple macbook charger, beats headphones, a book and some souvenirs). Also, one of the suitcases's handles was damaged after that trip. I reported this immediately the dnata (agency that handles bags at melbourne airport). They opened a case of mishandled baggage but soon passed it to one of the qatar officials at melbourne airport - antonoius gunawan. Initially he made me feel confident that he will deal with this, but very soon he started delaying everything - kept asking for the same documents multiple times, asking for quotes, not replying to messages, then passing it to someone else etc etc... After two month of no answers or compensation and my multiple emails antonious gunnawan wrote to me to say that according to their investigation there were no change in weight in my bag and melbourne airport staff confirmed that all three bags were wrapped. So, I questioned the credibility of the driver who delivered the bags and asked for the proof of weight between moscow (dme) and melbourne airports. He simply just ignored it. Qatar employees also failed to advise that I have to take my damaged bag to a certain shop. Antonius told me about it after two months since I lodged a claim. Qatar airwais never informed about the compensation for my delayed baggage as I had to buy some necessary things for me and my daughter. Because of qatar airway I missed the deadline with my travellers insurance claim. Absolutely unprofessional and dodgy service by qatar airways melbourne staff especially antonious gunawan. He is either lying about the fact that bags arrived fully wrapped or covering someone else's lies. Outrageous. Do not trust qatar airways. Take pictured of your bags before and after.

La
Jan 14, 2019

Comments

• Fl
      5th of Apr, 2019

Nobody has a duty to reply on

- identified complaint, which does not state the place (airport, flight) and date, time

- complaint without the evidence such as e-ticket, bag tag

- anonymous complaint.

It is not the reply from the Qatar airways.

sr manager for ICAO / IATA irregulation matters