Qatar Airlinesstolen money from overhead locker

I was returning to England from Dubai via Doha to attend to my seriously ill wife. I had taken all my money from my Dubai Islamic bank and changed it into pounds sterling (4, 680) I put the money into an envelope with 4 elastic bands wrapped around the envelope. Someone took out the money during the flight and replaced the money with a torn up in flight magazine to make it appear that the money was still inside vthe envelope. I have contacted Dubai police Greater Manchester police and Qatar airlines. Qatar airlines are not even responding to my emails and they call themselves a 5 star airline

Ba
Jan 11, 2015

Comments

May 11, 2012
    Qatar Airlines - illegal activity
    Qatar Airlines
    Kenya

Providing wrong information that caused 3 days of traveling and outrageous expenses. Qatar Airways needs to contact us and attempt to make us whole or I will continue to post to this website and file a suit for a lot more than we lost.

• Sc
      Jan 11, 2015

It is always a mistake to pack cash in your luggage when flying . There is not a whole lot you can do about the theft. If the police could get fingerprints from the envelope or contents, possibly, but if you handled them, or the thief wore gloves, the chances are poor. The airline can do nothing except turn over security tapes (if any) to the police. The airline has no proof the money was ever in the baggage.