Publix / everyone is not treated equal

Iv'e been working for publix for several years one of the best places i've ever worked. Unfortunatly some things are very unfair. If I was black it would be great but i'm white. White people have to go by publix rules while all blacks do not. I don't understand I thought all people were created egual but it seems its not. I see black women with finger nails 1 to 2 inches long. Let a white lady try this they would be suspended. Black men have long braids and dont't shave if I tried this I wouldn't have a job or be suspended. So even though I can"t say much because I really need my job. Why can't we be all be treated egualrules are rules' treat us all the same'

Comments

• Ge
      12th of Jan, 2011

Class action lawsuit count me in... 9 years with publix... Took test for manager slot, made the list, was even told i would make a great manager. My two department managers were black at the time, , all i did was do there work load, ordering, cleaning walls, trucks, counts u name it... dreams of running my our department.. Then what i see, gay Albertsons worker come in as an asst manager... WHAT HAPPEN THERE?? UNFAIR INDEED MY FRIEND..

• Tr
      31st of May, 2011

Consult a lawyer about Reverse Racism in your area and see what you can get out of that.

• Pu
      7th of Jun, 2011

Publix is scared of blacks. Most big company's are. Its a numbers game. I have been told I have to hire a certain color(it has went both ways). If you were in a mostly black store you have gotten promoted. I know still not fair but that's how it work. A white promotion out of a black store.

• St
      15th of Aug, 2011

Now it's race? When I worked there for over 7 years ago in the 1990's, it was women.

We were actually told by one manager that there was a hiring/promotion freeze for ALL men. Period. Not official, of course, but for about the next year, no guy should expect to be promoted into management. That's what happened.
    Women with less experience, poorer records, etc... were promoted into management. They skipped over many guys that were waiting in line.

Publix will not get sued for skipping over a white dude. But will get sued over and over if someone thinks they (female, minority, etc...) might have been passed over.

Sad. I liked working for Publix. The pay was low (of course... grocery store...) but goof benefits, and lots of nice people there.