PSEG (Public Service Electric & Gass ) / worry free

1 South Orange, NJ, United States

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to complain about a very distrubring situation regarding the level of customer service or lack there of. Your policies need overhauling in a major way.

I had a lapse in coverage and phoned to reinstate. I paid the amount requested and was told to call in 2 business days once it was reinstated and to schedule an appointment. I phoned 3 business days later and was told it had not been reinstated and that I would further have to wait an additional 2 weeks. I spoke to a supervisor Mr. Webster who quoted several times that this is policy.

I was lied to and mislead to seek payment. I also am in need of a repair. I have used worry free for several years or should I say have paid for it for several years and only used it once.

Now I have paid PSE&G and must pay a third party vendor. This is unacceptable customer service. The fact that I have been a customer for 20 years and had a short lapse should not mean that I will not have coverage. This is terrible customer service.

To the extent that I can, I will switch my electric service and sign up for a home warranty. I will cancel my worry free with PSE&G as it is useless.

I am also forwarding this complaint to the BBB, the State Board of Public Utilities and to the President of PSE&G. This monopoly can not exist for it's own convenience without any consideration for it's customers.

Dissatisfied Customer,