Proflowers / Freeshipping.com / Scam

1 MO, United States Review updated:

I thought I would order a surprise delivery of flowers for my wife so I went on to proflowers.com after hearing a lot of their advertisements on the radio. When I chose the flowers that I wanted, it tells you that your order is eligible for free shipping. So, I clicked on the free shipping button and then I am asked to fill out some information including my credit card number etc. I am thinking I am still in the proflowers website. After spending too much time on it, I gave up and didn't even order the flowers for my wife. I was confused with all of the fill-out processes. So, no flowers and a waste of more than fifteen minutes. Fast forward about a month later and I see on my checking account statement a debit for 82.96 from Freeshipping.com. I thought, "WHAT THE HECK???" After some searching on the internet I see that other people have been scammed by them via Proflowers. Supposedly, this "business" helps defer shipping costs. 82.96 and I didn't even buy flowers. So, I called the number (it was on the checking statement next to the company name) and I told them exactly what happend, that I didn't know I had signed up for anything and didn't know I was enrolling myself into any service. They told me I would receive a refund in 2-5 days. Well, three days have passed and I don't see a reund yet so time will tell. I reported this to my bank and to Visa. Buyers beware! These guys are just charing you for some amount hoping you won't notice it on your checking statements. I hope they find these @&*@&^$^ thieves and shut them down.

At

Comments

• Va
      12th of May, 2008
    Proflowers - They take money but send no flowers
    Proflowers
    www.proflowers.com

I placed an order online on Proflowers for mother's day on May 1. Well yesterday the flowers didn't come. They say that there was a "problem" with my credit card. Well the money was charged and is taken out of my bank account, I even showed them a copy of the transaction line on my account. They are telling me that they never charge unless they ship them. Now I am out the $50 and have no flowers to show for it. They say they have no record of ever charging my account. What a crock. What else can I do to get my money back?

• Ju
      6th of Jul, 2008
    Proflowers Aka Easy Pay - Unauthorized charges
    ProFlowers aka Easy Pay
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 8003551837
    www.proflowers.com

Just returned from deployment to the Persian Gulf to fund a monthly charge of 14.95 from Easy Saver - totaling over 180.00!!! All unauthorized by me, charged by ProFlowers for some service I never subscribed to! Welcome back from war...

• To
      7th of Oct, 2008
    Easy Saver / Proflowers.com - Fraudulent charges

The gist of the story:
    Call 800-444-9491 and just be nice and say that what they doing is illegal and that they had no authorization to charge the credit card. No signature can be applied from a different purchase. If they give you any garbage just say that you want to speak to someone above them. I eventually spoke to someone named Jenny who told me they were going to refund all my money. I recommend calling this number first, not the 800-355-1837, they have no authority to do anything other than give you back the last two payments.

My story:
    After placing an order for ProFlowers.com back in May of '08, a pop-up came up offering discounts off my order, I clicked on it and was shown a long form to fill out. I decided I didn't care enough and so I closed it and finished my order for Proflowers and left it at that. About a month later there was a charge of $1.95 to my credit card under the label Easy Saver. I called the credit card company and they said it was an addendum to my proflowers order. I assumed it was some stupid fee for delivery or something like that, so I let it slide and forgot about it. Then in September I looked at my credit account and there was a $14.95 charge from Easy Saver. I knew it sounded familiar so I started going back through my records and they had charged me this amount for the last several months. I completely missed it among the other purchases I had made. I called the 800-355-1837 number but they could only remove the last two months of charges. Then I came to this site and found another number that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND calling first. Call 800-444-9491 and just be nice and say that what they doing is illegal and that they had no authorization to charge your credit card or other account. I eventually spoke to someone named Jenny who told me they were going to refund my money. I would recommend this route.

13th of Dec, 2008
    Pro Flowers / Easy Saver - Unauthorized Charge
    Pro Flowers / Easy Saver
    Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma
    Phone: 405-286-0663

On 11-14-08 I ordered flowers from ProFlowers (800.580.2913). I charged it to my VISA account. It was $52.68. The flowers were delivered promptly. Today, 12-13-08 a charge appeared on my VISA account for $14.95 from a company called Easy Saver. I did some checking and found out that this is a company that partners with ProFlowers. Apparently when I ordered the flowers I was signed up for a $14.95 recurring monthly charge for something, I know not what. I did not authorize such a charge. I called ProFlowers at the above number and was told to call Easy Saver at 800-355-1837. I did and, being Saturday, found the office was closed. I will call again Monday.

Reviewing your complaints, I see that this event has happened many, many times. I, of course, want this charge removed and further charges eliminated.

• Ss
      30th of Dec, 2008
    Easy Saver / Proflowers.com - Fraudulent charges
    Easy Saver/Proflowers.com

I ordered flowers from Proflowers.com in March 2008. Every month after that I was charged $14.95 for some Easy Saver Program that I have no idea what it is and never signed up for it. I was charged a total of 10 times. My bank can't do anything about it because the claims go back to far. I called Easy Saver and demanded my money back. They are supposedly issuing me my money back within 10 days. I also called Proflowers.com and they are well aware that this is happening and could care less. I will never order flowers from them again!

• Dr
      13th of Jan, 2009
    Easysaver And Proflowers.com - Easysaver Unauthorized charges!
    EasySaver and ProFlowers
    proflowers.com

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER 800-355-1837 PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. After contacting Proflowers and easysaver, I was told that I entered an email in a popup screen and buy doing so I gave Proflowers the right to provide my account to another company, who then proceeded to STEAL money from me every month. When I asked for a copy of my contact, there was none... I am now working with my bank and visa to dispute the chargnes and hopefully will be able to file a fraud complaint.

• Br
      23rd of Jan, 2009

You really should read through things before you sign up. I happened to sign up when placing an order at Proflowers but I was aware of the cost as it is listed in several places when you sign up. It was right next to where I enter my credit card information and also is right in the welcome email. I shop online a lot, so I was able to review the merchants they work with in the trial period (which is 30 days).. and realized it would benefit me. I was billed the annual fee but I have gotten back over $200 so far. It definitely is not a rip-off, this site should only be for actual scams, not frustrated people who didn't read the directions.

• Co
      11th of Feb, 2009

Brenna345 obviously works for the website, because the "I saved over $200 so far" is one of the so-called "testimonials" on freeshipping.com. Coincidence that two people have "saved over $200 so far"? Or that one person is passionate enough about freeshipping.com to write testimonials all over the WWW? Obviously the above poster is involved in the website.

If you start to google "freeshipping.com", a list of the most popular search terms regarding your term comes up... and guess what the second most popular search term is? "freeshipping.com SCAM". Buyer beware!

• Jb
      12th of Feb, 2009

This is true. I was also scammed by the free shipping deal. and I know for a fact that it never said anything about freeshipping.com sign up. I order onine alot also and I read everything. I was suckered in by the "your order is eligible for free shipping" and after I placed my order I was still charged for the shipping and received an email stating i got a coupon for free shipping on my next order... well this whole advertisment is a lie. It never said I would get free shipping on my next order, it stated the my order was eligible for free shipping and I was still caharged for it. I will never use proflowers again, and will tell everyone about my experience here.

I think that the freeshipping.com people know it is a scam because I called them and with out an arguement form the lady Michelle was her name, I got the membership I supposedly signed up for canceled and a refund for the 1.95 charge on my card. This must be a scam because I have had to try to cancel things in the past and they always try to talk their way out of it, , , not so this time, it was about a 3 minute conversation and she actually offered to refund it be fore I asked fo rthe refund... HMMMM! sounds a little odd to me

Bottom line this was a SCAM and dont use proflowers.com EVER!!!

• Br
      18th of Feb, 2009

This is so funny. Yes, I am the same person on the testimonials, I have nothing better to do than to just blog about the site. The response above is not even about Freeshipping.com, It is a company called Easy Saver. I admit I did sign up for the service from Proflowers and I also became enrolled in Easy Saver and they debited me automatically. Easy Saver just asks for your name and email, and your data is transfered from your flower order. I am not a FreeShipping.com defense attorney here I just know that because of all the online shopping I do, I save a lot of money. By the way, the first rebate is guaranteed even if you cancel your membership in the free trial.

• Do
      19th of Feb, 2009

I've had the same rip-off after ordering flowers from Proflowers/Florist Express. It is simply fraud and I am reporting it to the FBI and the attorney general in the state in which they operate.

26th of Feb, 2009
    Proflowers / Encore Mktg - Unauthorized theft of cash from card
    St. Augustine
    Florida

ProFlowers/Encore started to take amounts of cash out of my American Express account without my permission.

• We
      27th of Feb, 2009

I completely agree that Freeshipping.com is a scam and most definitely NOT WORTH the membership. Not only is it rather inconvenient to submit shipping rebate claims (they make you enter in your order information online and THEN ask you to send in shipping receipts, your order confirm, etc. via MAIL) but the maximum rebate you are allowed per order is $10 and it takes FOREVER to get processed and refunded back to you (they also send this rebate by SNAIL MAIL - six weeks later I have YET to receive my rebate check, IF I ever receive it). The fact that this site is a bit scammy is evident by the fact that it's nearly impossible to reach someone by telephone. Nowhere on the site is there a telephone contact number - I had to search on the internet for a contact number posted on a completely unrelated conference website where Freeshipping.com must have marketed. Even though these are tough economic times and we're all trying to save a buck here and there, Freeshipping.com is a complete waste of time and energy on the part of the consumer and in my opinion, NOT WORTH the membership fee ($7.95/mo.), the effort, or the time.

• Vi
      2nd of Mar, 2009

For what it's worth, I agree that the originator of this thread needs to be more careful in reading before clicking and to not toss around terms like "thieves" and "scam" when they simply do knot know what they are talking about. I became a member of freeshipping.com about 9 months ago, also while shopping at ProFlowers. I was skeptical, but I remained a member and paid my $72 annual fee after my ProFlowers rebate came through within a few short weeks. I am glad I did. I have since received $344.51 worth of savings from freeshipping.com While a lot of this is through their free shipping rebates, about $100 in savings has come from the additional benefit of a price protection guarantee; if you buy an item online using a credit card that is registered with their service, you will receive a refund of the difference should you find the item for a lower price within 90 days from any online retailer, including the original merchant. In November I saved nearly $30 on a DVD player purchase and shortly after the holidays I was able to receive about $70 in additional rebates through this price protection plan. Another great benefit is that they will double the manufacturer's warranty for up to one year on items purchased with a registered credit card. I recently bought a laptop at Best Buy and would have considered their $150 additional warranty were it not for the knowledge that freeshipping already provided pretty much the same protections. I can't yet vouch for the extended warranty service but I have no reason to believe it's a scam given that I have had 33 rebate requests honored and fulfilled to the tune of $344.51 Now, I'm not saying it's for everyone; you need to do a fair amount of online shopping, keeping an eye out for reduced prices after purchases, and yes, having to print off and mail in the rebate forms and receipts takes time and resources (I suppose you can lower my savings by $13.86 due to postage stamps), but the point is that this is NOT a scam and they are not thieves, and it may very well be a great service that is well worth the annual membership fee to a certain type of savvy online consumer. It's good to be cautious, but people do need to also be careful about portraying themselves as the victim of a scam when they obviously contributed mightily to the problem. And no, I do not work for freeshipping and I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about my experience with the service. Oh, and in a few months I will be gladly renewing my membership.

7th of Mar, 2009
    Proflowers / Ezsver - signed up for a service I did not ask for
    Proflowers
    Pennsylvania
    proflowers.com

Found on my credit card statement a $1.95 then $14.95 for two months. I did asked to be signed up for this service. Called Proflowers and they said it was a pop up I might have signed up by mistake. I have my pop-up blocker on. Today is march 08th 2009 the representative I talked with said someone will call me Monday the 10th and I will be reimbursed.

7th of Mar, 2009

In the complaint paragraph I for got to put "Not" after did. I am now adding that I "Did Not" sign up for this service.

• He
      10th of Mar, 2009

I just think that people need to learn to read. I teach that to my 5 yrs old every day. He can catch things that I may look over.

Just a thought !

• Fa
      14th of Mar, 2009
    Ezsaver / Proflowers - unathorized billing
    EZSAVER

I ordered flowers from Proflower and they did not get to the destination so Pro flower sent them again with great success the second time. Should not be a complaint here and there is not one as far as that goes.
    The complaint lies with Proflowers and their affiliate Ezsaver and freeshipping.com I did authorize a purchase for free shipping.com and I did also ask to be canceled several times within 3 days of my ordering the flowers. I believe they should have canceled me and then there would not be a charge on my charge card but they did not cancel me as I had ask and they did charge me a reoccuring charge of 14.95 a month. They may be a honest company but they are using misleading adds. This should be illeagl. If enough people complain maybe they will change there misleading ways.

• Cu
      18th of Mar, 2009
    Www.Proflowers.com - ezsver rw
    12907 stiller park court
    Cypress
    Texas
    proflowers.com

I am being charged 14.95 every month for something I didn't want. I am never going to use Proflowers ever again. This is rediculous!!!

• Tj
      18th of Mar, 2009

i went through the same thing when i ordered flowers for my mother's birthday last year, under a promotion offer code that they had. they next thing i know i was being charged for a monthly membership that i never signed up for. but what they fail to tell you is that you are automatically signed up when you make a purchase that is one of the biggest scams i have ever seen in my life. but i did get a friendly customer service rep that canceled that membership and reverse the charges