Proactiv Solution / Can't Get Off Mailing List!

1 Palm Desert, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (760) 773-9022

Guthy-Renker continually gives me problems! One year ago, I ordered Proactiv Solution, I tried it and was allergic to the ingredients. I sent it back, got my refund, and I thought that was it. WRONG! I started to receive annoying phone calls, trying to get me to buy more. I also received pamphlets from Proactiv in the mail.

Getting off their mailing list is a torture! I called the Customer Service number SO many times, I can't count anymore. Each time, they said that I was off the list, and wouldn't receive any more mailings. WRONG AGAIN! It's been eight + months of calling their support number, and the Guthy-Renker Corporate Office number [protected]) trying to get off their stupid mailing list. Renee, an agent in the Corporate Office has been "helping" me in the last four months, and I'm still receiving pamphlets in the mail for the Proactiv! She said that the Guthy-Renker IT Department is looking into it and will take care of it once and for all. WRONG AGAIN, AGAIN! Although Renee has been kind and patient with me, MY PATIENCE with GR is about to the end. I HAD IT WITH THESE CROOKS!

So in conclusion, I would NOT recommend that ANYONE to order from Guthy-Renker. Their "Customer Service" is a complete joke and a lie, and the Corporate Office hasn't helped me much either. DO NOT ORDER FROM GUTHY-RENKER, or you'll be sorry! I wish I NEVER would have ordered Proactiv in the first place, I never really needed it anyway. So BEWARE of marketing tactics, once they get you in, it's hard to get out!

Comments

• Hb
      1st of Nov, 2010

I could not agree with you more!! I ordered my proactiv in mid-june of this year, tried it out, it made my skin waaay worse, so I talked to a rep on the phone who told me to send it back. So I sent it back mid July (WELL under the 60 day money back guarantee), and was told not to contact them before about a month and a half as that is how long it would take for them to process the return. Well 2 months goes by, I email to find out where my refund is, and they claim they never received it at their warehouse, so it was "too late" for me to return my product (that I obviously didn't even have since I RETURNED it). So of course I am really ticked off that I wasted $10 shipping it back, and never got my money. Well just the other day I came across my receipt from sending it back. It even had the postal code of the place in Mississauga where returns are sent. So I tracked the package online and it turns out they DID receive the package on July 28. And a D. McLean even SIGNED for it!!! So they LIED about receiving the package, so I emailed them and attached the receipt and the delivery notice from canadapost.com, evidence that should definitely prove that I sent it back. And they STILL refuse to refund me!! Bunch of friggin crooks is right!!!

• Ab
      28th of Nov, 2012

I honestly just had your exact scenario happen you mentioned above ! word for word! now they are asking me to fax proof it was sent after i sent them tracking number and I also show a D. McLean signed for it! I can't even believe it. If they refuse to give me my money back I will have no choice but take action further, contact the better business bureau etc. Seems this company is scamming customers out of their money.