Proactiv Solution / Subscription without consent
Yesterday I received in the mail a box from Proactiv Solution containing their anti-acne solution and a receipt saying my credit card had been charged and that I was signed up for a subscription to their product. I had never heard of Proactiv before and had certainly not signed up for a subscription or given consent for my credit card to be charged. I have no idea how they got access to my credit card number (the last 4 digits were on the receipt).
When I called the company, they agreed to cancel the shipping charge and send me a label to send back their product, promising to cancel the charge upon its return. The charge has not appeared on my online credit card statement thus far.
I am really hoping that I will not have to go through the pain of canceling my credit card and getting a new one. Even then, the worry is that there is some unscrupulous third party that I do business with that is selling my information to Proactiv.
More Proactiv Solution Complaints & Reviews
- Proactiv Solution - Continual Hassle of Mailings 
- Proactiv Solution - Proactiv charge TAX on S/H 
- Proactiv Solution - Deceptive billing practices 
- Proactiv Solution - Charging without consent 
- Proactiv Solution - Fraud 
- Proactiv Solution - Awful customer service and billing - its a trap!!! 
- Proactiv Solution - Unauthorized Shipment
- Proactiv Solution - Charges I did not authorize 
- Proactiv Solution - Overcharge - Mis represent cost 
- Proactiv Solution - Fraudulent Business Practice