Proactiv / unsolicited shipment

1535 Washington Avenue, Loveland, CO, United States Review updated:

For years now I had seen advertisements for Proactiv so I decided to try it. I went on line and ordered one month. There was a box I could check to use my debit card for subsequent shipments but I did not check the box because I only wanted try the product. I am currently unemployed and money is very much in short supply so imagine my distress when three weeks later I was charged $40.00 the beginning of 3 monthly charges for a 3 month supply. When I called the company they told me that I had agreed to receive this shipment and have it charged to my debit card. I of course told the woman I had not agreed to this. She told me to return the product when I received it and I would receive a credit. So now, I am unable to pay my electric bill because basically Proactiv has stolen $40 from me. I can only imagine how long it will take to get my credit from them based on all the other complaints I have seen on the internet. By the way, the product is bogus. I see no change in my skin so it is nothing less than a scam-do not buy from these people they are not honest and you will not only be very disappointed but will most likely be ripped off!

Comments

• Le
      Apr 04, 2011

Complain T0 Proactive
    More customers should put complain about their business in order to shut it down. They make seem that we are getting a deal to receive the product for $19.95 with 2 free gifts without shipping or handling. But they are size of trial package. They also will send you the full size of product and bill you without your permission after 30 days. If you complain to the customer service, they will tell you that you can cancell the future order and send the package back to them, but you will have to pay for the shipping and handling. Why can this type of company stay in business by ripping off the customers? Is it an American way to get rich?

• Mi
      May 18, 2011

These douches did exact same thing however we did not get a package ...