Proactiv / causes scars

1 Canada Review updated:

The line works for me, except their 'miracle' acne-zapping mask dries out pimples but leaves scars and blackheads. Using the mask, my pimples were flattened overnight, but now I am left with red spots (scars) all over my face. It's like I have permanent acne now - which defeats the whole purpose! Some pimples zapped by the mask are now bumps with blackheads... Niiiiiice. Now I know why the before pics on their commercials are always taken without makeup and the after pics are taken with makeup on - to hide the scars left behind.

There is no easy fix, as I have learned, try prevention first and if you do get zits, leave them alone. Truth hurts...

Comments

Zo
  17th of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Agreed. Proactiv seemed to work for the first few weeks, but I soon noticed scars and EXTREME dryness (I have oily skin)and dark chemical burns!Since my face was drying out and burning so bad, I decided to stop using it until my face got better. A week after I stopped using it, my acne got WAY worse. I honestly think the makers of proactiv put some kind of "addicting" substance in the product to make your skin become dependent on proactiv. Buying proactiv was a huge mistake. My face looks a lot worse than it was. It's been about 5 months since I used it and I still have horrible scars caused by proactiv. I've been using "equate daily face wash" from Walmart. It's about $3 and does help clear acne. As for the scars, I use cucumber juice and potato juice
(not at the same time).

Good luck to everyone struggling with the effects from using Proactiv.

Df
  9th of Jun, 2011

I used Proactiv in 1999. It made my face breakout, I kept using it thinking that it was bringing all the deep down dirt to the surface and with continued use would begin to clear up. I continued usage for two months and it just got worse. My mother commented to me about it, she is a RN and told me to stop immediately. It took me over two years to get my skin back to normal. The money I spent on dermatologists, Rx, skin care regiments, etc has been ridiculous. Do not use this product!