Priceline.comhotel booking

I booked a 4D3N trip to the The Park, Calangute, Goa via Priceline.com for 5th-8th July 2018 for 2 people. When I booked the trip, I received a summary of the invoice saying the total cost is 35, 700 INR. It also mentioned that the money can be deducted anytime after the booking. The next day(9th June 2018) when I see my credit card transaction, it says 45, 696 INR have been deducted from my account. To my surprise, I called Priceline.com to check if it was a mistake. The first person, Marta B. told me its a mistake from Priceline and I can cancel the reservation if needed. As I wanted this reservation, I asked her if the extra charge can be refunded and she hung up on me. Next time I call and Simon attended my call. He said he will ask the property if anything can be done as these are the taxes deducted via the property. I told him that NO WHERE IN MY EMAIL CONFIRMATION AND MY ITINERARY IT IS MENTIONED THAT I WILL BE CHARGED ~10, 000 INR more than what was showed to me in the mail. He told me the taxes will be refunded but I ill have to complete the trip. Instead, I can cancel the reservation for free.
When I asked them to cancel, I received no response.
I call them on 11th June, ask them why the reservation is not cancelled. To my surprise, they tell me now the reservation is not free and priceline is not responsible for any extra charges deducted from my credit card. They were plain rude and told me that I should have checked the property's page before booking.
If I had to book directly from the property, I would not have booked it via Priceline.com at all.
Now they are telling me that if you cancel the reservation, entire amount will be charged.
This is worst of the customer service I have received so far. Such fraud has never happened with me. Priceline refuses to take responsibility of this and tell me that they cannot answer my questions!

I am never going to book anything again via priceline.com/ booking.com and I will make sure no one else around me books it as well.

I also think that just because I am an Indian, they are being racist and do not want to help me!

Aa