priceline.com / bad customer service

I tried to approach Priceline.com regarding changing my itinerary - I used the contact information they provide, including email and phone numbers... their email response was untimely and their phone system consists of prerecorded messages that take the caller in a continous loop... it seems as though this is a deliberate attempt to make it difficult for a customer to talk to a live person, but that is for you to decide... I accepted the fact that I wasn't offered ideal requested seating, but I could not get over the fact that Priceline.com had the nerve to ask a paying customer what their meal preference was when there was no intention of providing a meal... they asked for a meal preference PRIOR to the customer actually paying, which serves as an incentive for the customer to make the purchase... I expressed that my meal preference was vegetarian/non-dairy... in turn, I received crackers with CHEESE - is this what to give someone who requests/requires non-dairy food (not mentioning that this was not a meal!)???

Va

Comments

• Bu
      31st of Jul, 2008

I made the hotel reservation through priceline. The hotel could not find my reservation through priceline so hotel billed me and so did priceline. Although Priceline did not have anything to do with the reservation, Priceline called hotel. got my money back from hotel, but would not match rates. WARNING, it's cheaper booking on your own than through priceline. I'll never use them again!!!

• Tr
      13th of May, 2011

An error in the name section of a ticket for my daugther was made. I used her maiden name.As soon as I selected send, I tried to stop the transaction. Calling the company was a joke. They promise to call me back.They never did. Everytime I call them they played games. I ask to speak to someone in the United States.They put me on hold. Someone came on the phone and pretent he was in the US. What a very BAD experence. I pray we will be able to us the ticket when the time comes.