Priceline.com / steal your money

1 United States

I booked a car rental on priceline for pickup on Nov 20th 2010. When I arrived at airport, no pick-up. After calling hotline a shuttle was sent to pick us up. I was told the computer was down, they would give me car, but needed me to write down my ssn#, birthdate, place of birth and current address. The gentleman handed me a note pad, and asked for my credit card and ID to copy. In the corner stood, what I assumed to be a lot attendant, who was shaking his head. I was told that a credit check was needed, and they could do it when, the computers came back up. It was midnight and I'm sure they wanted to go home. I expressed my concern with providing my identity, especially when a reservation had been made, and credit card information provided thru priceline. I called a cab, location was a old car lot, many miles from the airport, and went to several other rental companies, but no rental cars were available as this was Thanksgiving Holiday. This transaction was cancelled. 2 days later Priceline.com charges my card for $ 66.00. I have spent many hours to no avail, talking to priceline.com personnel. I have not received any Service, Product or Goodwill from Priceline.com, yet am charged $66.00. I have contacted the Rental Company who states that the charge is Priceline.com not theirs. Where is my money...HELP !!!