Priceline.com / booked hotel in wrong area

I promised I would tell 2000 people about my bad experience with Priceline "Name Your Own Price."
I was a regular user of Priceline.com. so they sent me a voucher for $25 off a hotel booking.
I clicked on the link on my e-mail and was directed immediately to the "name your own price."
I was looking for a downtown San Francisco Hotel, but I am told I clicked on SFO International as well, which is 15 miles away.
I don't recall clicking on it and don't understand why they have all the areas downtown together with SFO airport between them. I don't even think you can see it on the map. Anyway, I probably made a mistake, I don't know. Maybe its a trick becaue they have lots of hotels down that way and can't get people to click on that area.
But I was a loyal customer of Priceline. Of the 2000 or so things I have to click to make a booking, I accidentally clicked on this one.
As soon as I saw the mistake I tried to call but couldn't get through. I e-mailed in ALL Caps saying I was desperate.
Finally I got through but they wouldn't do anything. I asked what their policy was - they don't have one. No refunds, that's it.
I begged to be upgraded. I would happily pay more for a downtown hotel, but they won't bend.
So they don't look after loyal customers. We are just a number to them. Please be aware that if you make a mistake, it's YOUR PROBLEM.
ANYWAY I later found out that even though I had three people in the booking, including my brother and an infant, they booked me a single King Bed Smoking room - just to add injury to insult. I booked all my flights for the three of us through Priceline.com.
NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN.
Next time I will find an agent who has a policy about looking after loyal customers.

Comments

Ca
  3rd of May, 2009

Priceline SUCKS! I have a similar problem and they AND my credit card company refuse to refund me on a trip that is planned in June. I really NEED my money back!