Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma / poor quality and customer service

I was a regular customer of Pottery Barn. In the past few years, I have witnessed a noticeable decline in the products, quality and service. We purchased a teak outdoor table and chairs. which has rotted despite being stored indoors during the winter and regular care. We purchased towels, which have frayed after a few washings and have purchased sheets, which have ripped and the the embroidery thread has unraveled. The worst part is that Pottery Barn refuses to stand behind their products. The customer service agents are dismissive and, while following corporate protocol of return periods, are not willing or able to make any exceptions. As a consumer, if I buy a table for over a thousand dollars I expect that it will last for more than the 30 day return period. After my most recent exchange with customer service after towels purchased for a guest bathroom unraveled along the edges and the quality was thin and coarse and could not be returned because they were monogrammed, I stopped being a customer of their store and all of their subsidiaries. I just wish they would stop sending me the catalogs.

Ca