Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma / furniture order - attempt to cancel
Order #[protected]. I placed an order online for a leather chair & ottoman. The total including shipping was nearly $2, 000. I read online right after placing the order that the dimensions of the inside seating area of the chair were only 18". This is much narrower than any other chair in my home so I called to cancel (since this is the ONLY way Pottery Barn supposedly allows you to cancel an order). I was on hold for an inordinate amount of time after I placed the order on Sunday, 11/12/17 (around 2:30p). I tried to call again Monday morning, 11/13/17 and was on hold for over 30 minutes. I finally spoke with Arianna. She said she could not cancel the order but would submit a ticket to the warehouse to cancel the order. The online request to the warehouse was #9263294. This request was made at approximately 9:30a on 11/13/17. Arianna said I would receive an email back from the warehouse. After two days passed, on 11/15/17, after having received no emails from PB on this order, we inquired with a local Pottery Barn store. We spoke to Mirandala who is a designer at the store and she said she looked up the order and that it was already shipped, (This is odd since I've received no email saying my order has shipped which is typical for Pottery Barn and other online vendors). She said our only choice was to refuse the product when delivery is attempted and that we would not be refunded the nearly $500 in shipping costs. There was nothing in the ordering process that said this order could not be cancelled. I read another complaint that is very similar to mine. It appears PB is ignoring cancellation requests from customers and claiming product has "already been shipped". Very poor customer service, ordering experience and behavior by this company. I will also be complaining to the Better Business Bureau relative to Pottery Barn's practices.
More Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma Complaints & Reviews
- Pottery Barn Ivory Felt Shag Rug - extreme small and shedding 
- Pottery Barn/chatham Outdoor Furniture - finish doesn't hold up 
- PB Teen - crinkle puff quilts
- Pottery Barn Kids - dreadful delivery service
- Pottery Barn - buchanan sofa 
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - order # 063129377702 adeline faceted crystal round chandelier
- Pottery Barn - manhattan beach store employees 
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - don't know what I am to do...
- Pottery Barn - rewards
- Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma - will not deliver my order