Pogo.com / Jackpot Investigation

Looking further into the multiple complaints against Pogo and EA games, I decided to keep a detailed record of all "winners" of any and all Pogo Jackpots. My findings were quite interesting:

Of 3, 212 documented $4, 999.99 jackpot "winners, " 2, 859 of them all had screen names using a complete first name and last initial.

Of those, 2, 837 were either inactive very old accounts, or brand new.

Interestingly enough, 2, 944 of 3, 652 jackpot amounts below the maximum were denied to the winner for supposed "fraudulant activity" such as claims of the winner using cheat software, etc. Of the accounts that were paid, most amounts were less than $200.00.

It is my firm belief after much investigation, that Pogo and EA games are mass advertising these massive "jackpots" to lure unsuspecting gamers into purchasing their subscriptions. I believe from my findings that Pogo and EA games in collusion together have created a system of "ghost" accounts and set the jackpots to strike these accounts specifically in most cases to minimize their losses.

The lack of contact information provided on their pages also suggests that they are indeed attempting in every way to be inaccessible to their member community, thus adding to the suspicion that there is definitely some ulterior motives at work.

In conclusion, I'd like to advise any and all Pogo and EA game players to use extreme caution. Their terms and conditions for paying out of jackpot winnings find a HUGE loophole in the online industry, and they use it quite frequently to their own advantage.

The fact that the internet is so vulnerable to hacking is precisely the loophole Pogo and EA needed to exploit their users by claiming their accounts have been hacked in order not to pay out the jackpot. The fact that it is so hard to prove otherwise is exactly why Pogo and EA continue to get away with these claims. The only way to prove 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt is for federal authorities to seize all Pogo and EA softwares, databases and servers and investigate internally. I can pretty much assure you, much to my dismay, that will never happen.

Regards,
TheOfficer

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008

It does actually say in Ms Netiquette that winners have the option of putting their screenname OR their real first name and surname initial expressly for the purpose of stopping people looking them up.

• Po
      29th of Oct, 2008

Hey,

I have some information that hopefully will help you all.
    If you wish to contact Electronic Arts/ Pogo it's rather simple.
    They have two phone numbers.

1-(650)-628-1500 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. PST Pogo
    To use this option, press 0 to speak with an operator and ask to speak with a live representative regarding your Pogo or Club Pogo account.
    Your best bet would probably to try to get ahold of Jay Averill, he's the general manager at for Electronic Arts.

1-(866)-543-5435 24 Hour Phoneline Electronic Arts
    Select My Account, Make a Payment, Say Yes to using a credit card, press two.
    This will get you a live person to speak with...

Hopefully this helped!

• Sn
      6th of Apr, 2009

I've been a member since pogo began. I have never won a jackpot, nor do I foresee winning one. I will say this, for the amount of money we pay per year, you will not find entertainment better than this. So, what if you don't win? You win in the long run by finding friends on here. What's money compared to that?

• Si
      24th of Nov, 2009

Great investigation. I've been a pogo member since 2004 and I've never run across anyone who has won and actually been given a cash prize before--not even $50--yet I've met plenty of people who have won Pogo hats and various other pogo memorabilia. It seems that in almost 6 years I should have at least "met" 1 cash prize winner. I'm convinced they don't exist.