PODS / neglected to inform me about potential problems

Caveat emptor! First, make sure your driveway is wide enough, long enough, and level. The wonderful staff at PODS neglected to inform me about these potential problems. I even asked about how much space was needed and was told that a PODS container will fit in a parking space. While this is true, the unloading mechanism on the truck requires a lot more width than just a single parking space (15 ft wide X 15 ft high). When my driveway proved too narrow, the enterprising PODS delivery driver decided to just drive off with the container rather than leave it curbside. Apparently, PODS requires that a permit be obtained for this, which they didn't mention. I would have been glad to arrange for this had the driver arrived at the scheduled time, between 8 and 11am, which he did not. Thus, at 4:15pm on a Friday, I was already 15 minutes too late to get to my town's municipal building. Customer service was apparently powerless to help me, and wasn't remotely apologetic or concerned. They re-allocated my container and canceled my order without telling me. I spent much of Saturday morning on the phone with a string of unapologetic customer service reps who told me the soonest they could arrange another delivery was Thursday. At this point I utterly lack confidence in PODS to do their job, so I've arranged for storage space and a moving truck from a helpful, local, inexpensive company.

Thanks, PODS, for making our move, which is never easy, that much more stressful!

Comments

• Co
      4th of Mar, 2010

We are in receipt of your complaint with PODS Enterprises, Inc and we are concerned about the service you are reporting. We would like to assist with bringing some resolution to the situation. Would you please provide your PODS Enterprises, Inc. account information via email address below and we would be happy to assist. We have also provided a toll free number for your reference.

consumerresolution@pods.com

(888) 776-7637 ext. 6303

PODS Enterprises, Inc.

The Best Moving & Storage Idea Ever.