PODS Enterprises Logo

PODS Enterprises

Having problems with PODS Enterprises?

1800 467 637 (Australia)
+1 855 706 4758 (Customer Service)
+1 877 249 7637 (Business Customer Service)
+1 866 930 7637 (Marketing / Advertising Opportunities)
+1 866 667 5590 (Corporate & Government Business Inquiries)
+44 161 300 9712 (United Kingdom)
13535 Feather Sound Drive
Clearwater, New Hampshire

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved awful delivery experience

Recently I had placed an order for a POD because we were moving. The Pod was delievered to our home and picked up and moved to the Stockton California wharehouse to be stored until we found a place to live in the surrounding Sacramento area. So far so good. After we had moved into our new house in Sutter Creek I placed the call to have the Pod delivered, to my surprise I was told that the stockton office does not deliver to Sutter Creek, only the Sacramento wharehouse delivered to Sutter Creek, which meant the Pod would have to go from stockton 50 miles to Sacramento 43 miles to Sutter Creek a 93 mile one way trip, which made no sense to me because the Stockton wharehouse deivered to Jackson California 46 miles from Stockton a stones throw away from Sutter Creek, actually Stockton is a mile closer to Sutter Creek. The Pods rep said this was the only way our furnishings would get to Sutter Creek. OK I say, what's it going to cost?, I'm thinking a couple of hundred, wrong brother, the rep said it would cost a 1, 100.00!!! Has to do with crossing franchise boundries. So she is now sending my complaint into corporate and someone would be calling me soon. Oh yea, she did inform me that I could come to the wharehouse and unload the container if that was easier, EASIER WAS THE REASON WHY I USED PODS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Hopefully they do the right thing and deliver the POD to my house.

Consu71 Apr 08, 2010

Chekko,

We are in receipt of your complaint with PODS Enterprises, Inc and we are concerned about the service you are reporting. We would like to assist with bringing some resolution to the situation. Would you please provide your PODS Enterprises, Inc. account information via email address below and we would be happy to assist. We have also provided a toll free number for your reference.

Resolved beware

We stored our property with PODS in Riverside, CA for two years during a move from another state. We purchased our own insurance for the property as it was equivalent to or better than the insurance that they offer through one of the great insurance companies out ther...e. USAA We paid them to take our property from our home store it in what they said would be secure, dry, and a temperature controlled environment. We agreed to the normal indemnity clause and storage at your own risk clauses. However, two years latter when we opened up the unit, it had sever smoke damage due to industrial smoke from trucks or the equivalent, heat damage to items and property near the top of the unit, and had clear signs of water damage to the unit that was not there when we started the contract. Also many items even though protected had just been banged up severely beyond normal storage and transportation. Personal insurance does not cover for industrial smoke or transportation damage only fire and accidental or theft. They see those issues as fault with carriers and service providers. Nonetheless, we sent them pictures of the sever damage to our POD outside unit which clearly shows they mishandled the unit. There were holes on the outside of the unit that broke and cracked the inside wood walls. Structural beams were jarred out of place. The roof had water soiled depressions over 3 feet in size and the spring system on the roof was crushed and bent. The rivets that secure the insulation around the top of the unit were popped out, broken or missing. They are not forthcoming about what happened to the unit as well as where it was really stored. We had black soot like material coating everything that seeped under protective plastic on the furniture, wood furniture had signs of top fading where exposed and heat damage to leggs, tape virtually melted and cracked on top boxes and articles, candles distorted and twisted like oak trees and the dents and scratches to the furniture even though protected by cloths were out of the normal. We sent them photos, had insurance adjusters come out and look and sent the reports. The conclusion of all investigation is that they did not store the unit as promised in their contract with us and are now standing behind indemnity clauses to say they are not responsible when clearly they do not handle peoples property in the manner and care in which they advertise and promise. They never bothered to come over and look at the damage why the unit was with us for over a month and during our complaint. Customer service did not seem interested in solving the issue. They did not return calls the first or second time and had to be contacted several times before any response. Finally a month later they just asked for some photos. In the end all they had to say was they are not responsible and deny any claim that we have and have offered no reasonable relief to help cover the cost of repairing or even cleaning our property. We are very disappointed. They took a of $187.00 a month for two years and we were stuck with damaged property due to their negligence and ability to properly store our valuables the way they said they would. Very dishonest, irresponsible, and unwilling to help or show they even care. Renters and movers BeWare!

Resolved neglected to inform me about potential problems

Caveat emptor! First, make sure your driveway is wide enough, long enough, and level. The wonderful staff at PODS neglected to inform me about these potential problems. I even asked about how much space was needed and was told that a PODS container will fit in a parking space. While this is true, the unloading mechanism on the truck requires a lot more width than just a single parking space (15 ft wide X 15 ft high). When my driveway proved too narrow, the enterprising PODS delivery driver decided to just drive off with the container rather than leave it curbside. Apparently, PODS requires that a permit be obtained for this, which they didn't mention. I would have been glad to arrange for this had the driver arrived at the scheduled time, between 8 and 11am, which he did not. Thus, at 4:15pm on a Friday, I was already 15 minutes too late to get to my town's municipal building. Customer service was apparently powerless to help me, and wasn't remotely apologetic or concerned. They re-allocated my container and canceled my order without telling me. I spent much of Saturday morning on the phone with a string of unapologetic customer service reps who told me the soonest they could arrange another delivery was Thursday. At this point I utterly lack confidence in PODS to do their job, so I've arranged for storage space and a moving truck from a helpful, local, inexpensive company.

Thanks, PODS, for making our move, which is never easy, that much more stressful!

The Best Moving & Storage Idea Ever.

Resolved expensive and inconvenient company

PODS really sucks. BEWARE!!! I thought the convenience would make the cost worth it - I could not have been more wrong. First - the company was supposed to pick up our load on the 18th of December - the guy ran off the road on the way to pick up and subsequently the load was picked up on the 30th of December. I called PODS to ask them to please not charge me the $500 storage fee - which they agreed to... and charged me anyhow. They were delivering to Salt Lake City and I informed them I needed curbside delivery which they agreed to. Once the PODS arrived - I scheduled delivery at which point they informed me that they could not drop off curb side - and wanted to know when I could arrange to rent a truck and pick up my stuff at their warehouse - WHAT? I asked them to have movers bring my goods to me - it went all the way up to their corporate - with a resounding NO being their response. I had to get permission from the city for the drop off on the 20th of Jan . Bootom line - they SUCK!

The Best Moving & Storage Idea Ever.

Resolved damage and tripple billing

I had a couple of PODS and had no issues with one. But my second one was first, picked up before I was ready. So much for 'keep it as long as you like in your driveway'. So when it was delivered to my new location, half the contents were knocked over. The biggest was a 6" solid wood equipment rack. In order for this to have fallen the entire POD would have to been tilted 45 degrees or more! Half the items were damaged including a custom framed huge original movie poster.
PODS says the damage is my fault because I did not properly secure contents. Kinda hard to secure them when I wasn't done loading it!

The second issue, was when I went online and made a payment with my credit card. PODS charged me 3 times and took a month to refund the money.The next month I paid my bill online and the same thing happened again! TRIPLE CHARGED! So I called them, furious and this was a check card and not a credit card! They took a week to refund my card but I never got it. They refunded the wrong card. The wrong card, was the one I opened the account with and was stolen. I never replaced the card on file. Good luck trying to figure that out on their web page! They then refunded the proper card.
So all is good right? No! They billed me for the refund they gave a inactive card I DO NOT OWN for over a year and a hal[censored] They are holding me responsible. Their attitude was "Well the card went through so..." I have been dealing with these issues for a couple of months and then I get my debit card charged for their mistake and without authorization! Out of the blue they just charged a debit card a made a few payments with!!!
I had it! I finally closed that card with my bank and filed a claim with the bank fraud department.
I have about $2000 in damages and they will not even return calls.
This has been *the* worst experience I have had with a professional company. I have had better breakups from an ex!

Do not use PODS. They do not care. Oh yea, they will also charge you a higher price on a POD because the one you had them keep in their warehouse was moved to a warehouse further away. If I had not had 2 PODS at the same location I would have never known they moved one and tried to charge me $45 more to deliver it!

Jason

damage and tripple billing

moving nightmare

Pods has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with! Every person I have spoken to has done nothing but lie! I haven't even gotten my pod delivered yet. When I first agreed to use their service I was told by their representative that that the billing was going to be as follows; that they would be taking $500.00 before they would deliver the pod on august 11, 2009 and the balance would be taken out on august 18th before they delivered the pod on the 22nd of august. On august 12th I noticed there was money missing from my account and when I checked with my bank they said the pods was taking money out at $500.00 dollar intervals when I inquired with someone at the pods office they said someone made a mistake and the money taken was to cover the balance, this wasn't any real problem I owed the money and it should be paid. The representive should have just told me that was how they were going to do it instead of lying. Now on friday august 21st I called the pods company at 1:30pm to make sure that thay would be delivering the pod on saturday august 22nd being I had hired two men a truck to unload the pod, and they told if thier was any changes to call them before the end of the day on friday or they would have to charge me the minimum of two hours if I called them later then that. The reprentsive from pods said everything was ok and the pod would be there on saturday. When I got back to the place we're staying at and opened my email at 5:30pm. Pods sent me a email stating that the pod would be delivered on monday august 24 and it was going to be picked up on tuesday and a invoice for $1, 885.98. Not a phone call or an email! Now i'm really stuck! I'm suppose to start a new job on monday I have two movers coming on saturday and no way to call anyone because of a email and not a simple phone call which could have probable prevented some of this nightmare. When I called the pods company again I was lied to, when I asked for someone in charge, they transferred me to a lady in texas. She made a note of the incident and told me no one would be available until monday to deal with my problem! 7:00pm I get a phone call from a lady whom claims to be a representative from the pods company, the rudest person I have ever dealt with, this person wold not let me finish a single sentence, kept cutting me off no matter what I said no matter how I tried to explain my situation! She could care less and all she kept repeating every time I spoke was all any pods representative would do for me was refund me $200.00. I couldn't even inquire about the $1, 885.98 invoice because she wouldn't let me speak. Now i'm out a days pay, the minimum for two men and a truck, and I haven't even received my pod yet and every person that I have spoken with the at the pods company could care less. I could only imagine what my furnatue is going to look like when and if I ever receive it, if the people in their offices don't care about their customers how could their drivers care about what their doing! By the way, we wanted to be in our new place not only because I was supposed to start working on monday, but my 9 year old son starts school then also!

Being in sales myself and coming from an office that was numder one in sales and customer service last year on the east coast I truly know that this is no way to treat any customer.

Sincerely,
Karl landherr

The Best Moving & Storage Idea Ever.

Resolved &on demand& if you want to pay $1,100 for 200 miles!!!

I was laid off and with the economy being what it is I applied for jobs in my hometown of Indianapolis a...

Resolved misleading fees

I went online to obtain a quote for a pod for 3 months and while the rates seemed reasonable, $189 initial and then $139/month, I noticed they had a section for a promo discount code. When I put one in I didn't notice the rate change so I called. I started out by asking the rates and was given a quote $70 higher ($255 initial with $148/month) than the online rate with no promo code. When I explained this and asked for a Triple A code, I put that in and got yet another rate. The initial rate was lower, $170, but they jacked up the monthly price to $148. I was told by the very rude customer service rep the site is totally misleading and to not go by those rates. A ridiculous comment to make to a customer. When I kept questioning how the rates keep changing and that is unethical, I was told no it isn't the site is just misleading. This went back and forth and the rep kept getting ruder and more snippy with "comebacks" to legitimate questions. I also find it interesting that the site only allows you 10 trys for quotes before it shuts you out and forces you to call.

Resolved unauthorized charges

I ordered a POD for a 30 day period of time. I went on line about 1 week PRIOR to the 30 deadline to schedule...

Resolved property damage

I used three 16 foot pods to move from ny to co. The people in customer service were nice on the phone...

Resolved damaged container

When we opened our pods we found mildew and upon investigating found that the roof had been damaged and water leaked inside. Subsequently, we immediately contacted pods then worked with their rep, submitted documentation and photos, etc. We just got off the phone and they have offered us one third of the damage claim amount we submitted. We think we should be made whole since this wasn't anything we had control over and pods promises a "safe, clean and dry" storage facility. We are going to sue them and will keep this site posted.

• Su
    Susan Salsbury Feb 19, 2009

I had a similar experience with PODS and water damage. At least they offered you some resolution. I lost thousands of dollars using them to move my belongings.

Consu71 Mar 20, 2009

March 20, 2009

Via Internet

www.complaintsboard.com

RE: Bonnie Tognetti (100728379)
    Complaint #: 135594

Mrs. Tognetti states that she submitted a content damage claim to PODS Enterprises, Inc., however, was offered one-third of the claim amount. On 07/18/08, Mrs. Tognetti provided a loss summary statement totaling $3, 910.00 for contents that she claimed sustained damage due to water intrusion. Mrs. Tognetti advised us that she was unable to submit receipts except the estimate for her Guy Buffet, Café La Provence, therefore, the items were assessed at the current value. After thorough review of the account and information provided by Mrs. Tognetti, PODS, Inc. determined the amount of $840.00 to be a fair and reasonable reimbursement. The largest value discrepancy in the claim is the Guy Buffet, Café La Provence lithograph which Mrs. Tognetti claimed to be valued at $2, 000.00. However, Mrs. Tognetti provided a document which was initially provided to her by Greg Lejnieks at Lahaina Galleries, confirming the replacement value for the aforementioned lithograph was $400.00, which conflicted with Mrs. Tognetti’s claimed value of $2, 000.00 initially submitted.

We also suggest that Mrs. Tognetti refer to Section 4 of the PODS, Inc. rental agreement accepted online on 6/20/08.

PODS Enterprises Inc. prides itself of its quality customer service and I regret that Mrs. Tognetti feels she experienced anything less and please be aware that our representatives have been mentored correctly. We sincerely apologize for any instance where a customer is not completely satisfied with a PODS experience. When a customer notifies our company of a less than satisfactory experience, we endeavor to review the processes that gave rise to the customer feedback and take appropriate measures to address their comments.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (727) 538-6332 with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Arlene Vogt
    Incident Resolution Administrator

Resolved mistakes cost customers

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE THIS COMPANY|!! The nightmare started for us at the beginning and we...

damage to property

In Jan. 08 while delivering PODS units to my new home, the delivery truck broke through my septic tank lid...

Resolved beware of these people. they are awful!

PODs. They are nationwide and on line.

They are unbelievable!

I ordered two pods, did NOT order blankets or locks, in fact went to U-Haul and bought my own items.

Nevertheless, they loaded these items in to the POD containers, apparently expected me to remove them and return them to the driver who picked the pods up and when I didn't they charged me $119/month to rent blankets and a lock

I never even used!

You can never reach management, only surly people at customer service, and they continue to charge and charge and charge.

Beware of these people. They are AWFUL

• La
    larry-florida Sep 11, 2007

Pods is worthless I've used them before and they screwed me around to, thats why i never recommend any one to them.

John Nov 21, 2008

I've also had a bad experience and as a result am contemplating setting up a website to expose what is happening. If you have had a bad experience with PODS then please send me an email: [email protected]

Thanks

• Jc
    jc Dec 03, 2008

Similar experience for us with overcharges. POD came with moving supplies we didn't order. They got shipped with the POD and returned on the other end when the POD was picked up. We've been dealing with cust service for several months. ALWAYS the same response... "Someone will get back to you about your refund."

HUGE thumbs down!

Consu71 Mar 23, 2009

March 23, 2009

www.complaintsboard.com

Unsatisfied Customer (9/5/07)

Dear Valued Customer:

• Tu
    Tuner1951 Dec 03, 2010

My wife and my experience is worse then those above!
    Our situation was bad from the beginning the way we were sold the pod was misrepresented. At first we both thought that well "maybe we just misunderstood the sales person?" now that we are further into our unfortunate relationship we now believe we were lied to.
    We were told we would have a free month every few months, that that not so small amount we paid down would also cover delivery (once we were ready) to a local new move-in. That being with-in reason and distance.
    Just today (my wife's birthday) we called to make a payment. We were informed that we could not pay because our account was in collections and that our belongings were set to be auctioned.
    My wife broke down in tears! The personon the other side of the phone could barely speak English (India) and forwarded her to a collection agent who was not there.
    She called again got another English barely a second language, who claimed he was in Florida (obvious lie) and while my wife was in full tears proceeded to transfer her once again to the collection person who was not in.
    Now this is two payments, and one of those we were told was to be free.
    I was told "POD's" was notorious for kinky business practice, now I see for myself!!!
    About an hour or so later one of the "English as a second language guys" called and took our payment. We have yet to see if our storage is out of the pre auction mode...so the saga goes on!