PNC Bank / excessive charges

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

PNC will kick the hell out of you when you are down.
I am at fault for not realizing i had overdrawn with my ATM purchases which were $10 here $25 there ($200 over 5 days), BUT a NSF penalty of $36 for each one!
plus $6 per day until it is cleared up. i went in to talk about the $400 in penalties and they said "nothing we can do...". too bad...
I get monthly statements emailed (online banking)
I found out myself there is an 'overdraft warning' email set to OFF by default.
thanks for not telling me @#$%%$#

Xz

Comments

• Pn
      19th of Feb, 2009

I agree with you...I am in the same boat...I PRAY That GOD gives them what they deserve!!! Taking advantage of people especially when they see the average balance on your account is little to none I am not a millionaire...Don't take from the poor and give to the (ROHR) I mean the Rich..If I knew where that Jim ROHR CEO lives I'd look into his account I bet he has no negatives and he got food on the table everyweek I dare him to come live in my shoes for a week...THIEVES that will kick slap and beat you when you are down!!!

• Do
      21st of Apr, 2009

I love how people want to complain about the banks when it is YOUR own fault for not keeping up with your money. If you need an accountant, hire one..otherwise suck it up, pay the fees (because I hate to break it to you but every bank charges overdraft fees) and try to keep better track of your money.

• So
      23rd of Apr, 2009

PNC doesn't post all information on online banking - so that if you make a mistake and forget to write in a check - they charge you 36.00 for the mistake (which is ok) but then they bounce everything else that comes in that day @ 36.00 a pop - it is definitely a racket that needs to be addressed - if they paid all of the others first, there would be enough to cover, but they pay the check (which never did show up on pending transactions) and wack your account for everything. I'll be looking for another bank.

• Pb
      25th of Aug, 2009

i agree 100% in my opinion pnc banks so called overdraft protection sucks out loud i think its time for people to take a stand ! i faxed a letter to my bank stating i was going to start sending out flyers within a 25 mile radius of the bank stating warning do not bank @pnc bank they will steal your money in excessive over draft fees and then i added this web sit info WWW.pnc bank excessive over draft fees.com my next move is to picket ! the only protection i need apparently is from my freindly neighborhood bank!!!

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2010

My sentiment is...PNC SUCKS. That is the search term I used to find this website. How ironic!!!
    Since National City Bank has become PNC Bank, we have been charged overdraft fees in the amount of $864.00 in the past five weeks. My husband is laid off, so they are basically stealing from the Government. These are unemployment checks they are deducting these fees from mind you. The concensus seems to be that PNC Bank is charging overdraft fees for items cleared even though deposits of checks, and cash are pending as well. I am sure there must be something we, as consumers can do. Banks used to protect your money so they could make money, now they steal your money so they can make money, and they do it right in front of your face. We are closing out the account immediately. We have been customers with National City for over 10 years. Now it seems that credit relationship has been disolved. I hope all you others do the same.

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2010

I was doing some research and there is a website www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov. It shows you step by step how to file a consumer complaint against a bank. If as many as we consumers make complaints to the Federal Reserve as we have this website, perhaps things might change, and as a few mentioned, 'PNC Bank may get what they deserve'. We need to make 'em bleed some green, and gives us our money back!!!

• Di
      26th of Feb, 2011

I happen to agree, with these negative reviews. It doesn't have anything to do with monitoring your account. That goes without saying. When a customer makes a purchase through a seller, not receive all the merchandise, that he or she order. That's a problem within itself. I provided PNC with proof that I never receive the remaining of my order, and produce document to support my claim. PNC still reverse the provisional credit out of my account. Now, fees have access to my account. I will get to the bottom of this matter, by going into a branch with my documentation. If they decide, not to further resolve this matter, I'd take further action against them. Also, I stop my direct deposits and other monies from going directly to that account. Unfortunately, I can’t close the account, until the balance is at zero. I just receive a claim settlement. Fifth Three was improperly assessing overdraft fees for the same foolish reasons. Now, they have a lawsuit pending against them. Fifth Three denies all of the claims. These banks specialize in ripping customers off with these ridiculous fees. People need to read more about these bank reviews and other related resources before banking with these entities. PNC customer service and dispute department is unskilled; they don’t have good customer service speaking skills either.

• Oh
      9th of Mar, 2012

PNC Charged me illegal fees and I just filed a complaint twith the Office of the Comptroller. They had the gall to charge overdraft fees when the account was NEVER overdrawn. They said that only part of my deposit is available the same day. When a bunch of bills came due on that same day of my deposit, they charged me 4 - $36.00 fees. They are insane if they think anyone is going to stand for that.