Planet Fitnessbilling/new membership

This incident happened more than a year ago. I had a membership with Planet fitness for 3 years and had to stop going for some time. When I was finally able to show up again in the beginning of 2016, i was told that I had a balance and needed to pay it. In the summer of 2016, I received a balance waiver. Waiver cleared my balances. Oh so I thought. I never received a bill in the mail. Ever. They claimed they sent me one. I dont believe them. I decided to join the gym again and signed up online in April 2017. When i showed up, I was told that I cant come in because I still owe money. I told them about the waiver and was told to bring it in. I brought it in today May 1, 2017 and was told that the waiver does not clear my balance even though it is stated clearly on the top of the paper in bold letters. I spoke with the manager and she said the same thing and so I asked if there is someone else I can talk to and they gave me the area managers business card. I doubt she is going to help me or even return my message. I dont know what else to do. I should not be held responsible for something I was not aware of. Everyone at that gym does not know anything. They have not helped me at all.

Planet Fitness