Pizza Hut / poor service!

I ordered a pizza by phone around 6:00 p. m. and told them I would pick it up around 7:30. I live about 45 minutes away, but needed to go grocery shopping. I was running late and called them at 7:30 and told them I was running late, but would be there shortly. the gentlemen said that was fine, it was waiting for me. I got there and there was no pizza. they tried giving me a personal pan pizza instead of the large pan pepperoni pizza that I had ordered. I told them that was not my order so they pulled my order up and it said large pan pepperoni pizza. they 2 guys ran around for about 5 minutes and said I guess they forgot to make your pizza. the personal pan was for another customer named tracy. they came back another 5 minutes and said we did not forget to make your pizza we are out of pan crust. I kindly said thank you and walked out. on the way home I got madder and madder. my son is autistic and for most people who know some autistic kids only eat 6 to 10 kinds of food, unfortunately pizza hut pizza is the only one my son will eat. I order any where from 3 to 5 pizzas every week from this pizza hut in bastrop, texas because I work in that town. well anyway I called back to the pizza hut and asked to speak with the manager. she got on the line and said she gave my pizza to the wrong tracy and that they were not out of pan pizza crust. so I told her your two employees just lied to me because they did not know what happened and she said "yes" they did not know what to tell you. she never apologized. so a another girl named "tracy" paid for a $3.00 pizza and walked out with a $15.00 pizza. she said "yes". the problem is this is not the first time they have done this to me. they gave my pizza to another girl named tracy when I ordered there a couple months ago. the bad part was the manager was rude about it and I told her this not my fault this was done. this manager about a month a go I ordered a pizza and I wanted a tea to go, so she handed me the cup to make my own tea. they didn't have any customers in there and I always place my order to go to take home. I will never, never walk into the bastrop, texas pizza hut again. I will have to drive an extra twenty minutes out of town to giddings, texas, but at least they always get it right. I hope people in the real world when they make a mistake can own up to it, instead of making the customer feel like they did something wrong. I don't want anything out of this. I just want to let someone know that it did hurt my feelings, but at least I can take the blame for my own action.

Sincerely,
Tracy lambert.

Comments

St
  1st of Sep, 2007

I called to order a large stuffed crust half pepperoni half cheese. We were all very hungry & the pizza finally came, I got the plates & picked up a piece; no stuffed crust. I called our local Pizza Hut here in Gering, NE & I was told that they would deliver another, but that I had to give back the first pizza. I cannot believe it, I have never heard of having to give food back especially after I had to actually pick up a piece to find out there wasn't any cheese in the crust.

I stated to have my check sent back & pick up the pizza, I am calling another pizza place. Too bad that no one else does stuffed crust, this is what my family was wanting so badly.

Disappointed In Gering, NE.

Al
  6th of Sep, 2007

The Driver (Curtis) was driving too fast on Whiskey rd at the Kroger when I was attempting to cross the street. When I got to the Pizza hut at Whiskey rd I attempted to tell the manager about the incident and was told by Curtis " that I should get the ### out of the store". The managers instead of apologizing told Curtis to "come on". I do not think this is the right way it should have been handled. I live on Whiskey rd and walk to the store frequently. I do not what to worry about Curtis's driving or his bad attitude. Should your driver be cursing at people who are concerned about crossing the street? Are your managers not train to handle the drivers? They allow him too talk for the company and said nothing too me while Curtis threaten me. I know this isn't the policy of most pizza delivery places. There is insurance problems involved with this. I may be one citizen but I will tell everyone I know about Curtis and Curtis's behavior.

Am
  9th of Feb, 2008

I called in an order for delivery of the pizza hut special 2 large pizzas bread sticks, cinnamon sticks they said it would be about 45 min... I said that is fine... then they called me back in about 10 min to say that the college had ordered 100 and some lg pizzas and so they were out of would I like med crust and they would give me three pizzas instead for $15 plus bread sticks and cinn sticks... I agreed and that was fine... it has been about 2 hrs now and no pizza... I call and ask about the pizza and they say they are out of med crust and they tried to call us back several times... I checked caller Id and they had called one time and that was that...

I told her to forget the order and I would not be back... this is not the first time I have had an issue with our local pizza hut... last week we went in to dine in and ended up waiting 2hr for our pizza... after 45 min we inquired about our order and they informed us they had lost our order... This pizza hut over the course of 5 or 6 years has gone from bad to worse... If I was corporate I would be embarrassed to have them associated with their company. The service is horrible and has been for a long time... and surely I am not the only one that has complained. Something needs to be done!!!

Ed
  18th of Feb, 2008

On 2/18/08 I called pizza hut in phenix city alabama @ 6:20pm and order a med thin half double CB and pine apple and the other half PP and CB the girl that answered never repeated my order like I said I wanted. After 3-times with her repeating the order incorrectly I just said yes the order is correct then I ask how long would it take for it to be delivered the young lady then said 1-1/2.The hour and half came and past I never received my pizza.I then called back to pizza hut and ask to speak with the manager a young lady placed me on hold then she came back to the phone and stated something but I couldn't under what she said then I replyed and said you place me on hold and the young lady said yes I did in a rude way I then ask to speak with the manager. She come on the line I asked her her name I could never understand what she was saying her name was then she yelled her name out and I still could not understand her name the rudely spelled her name to me.Then I stated to her I have order a pizza @ 6:20pm and I have not yet received that pizza that rude manager ask me what did I order I stated half CB and Pine apple and the other half CB AND PP.She then yelled you order a pick up I stated to her I order this to be a deliverly pizza that rude manager Claydean then stated we will get it delivered and hug up.They recooked the pizza and I received that pizza @ 8:46pm the deliverly guy knocked at the door and I answered and he rudely said did you order a pizza and I stated yes 2 hours ago he then provided me with the pizza and walked away never said sorry for the order or sorry it taken so long etc.he just turned around and walked away.During the time bfore I could find this complaint I called the online (334)265-6000 phone# located in Montogomery Al.36117
The online information to seek for help to make a complaint and a lady answer the phone at the above number and I couldn't understand her name but she was nice and I ask to speak with a manager and he finally came on the line and I ask him for his name this was @ 8:37pm and he sound like he was saying mvp,mpv I just couldn't understand the guy name then he yelled Micheal then I became very up set with him and stated to him you know you'll are some rude people that works for pizza hut and he stated to me your rude too and I stated to him you want be any help at all cause your so rude and I hung up on him.This is the poors and baddest services I've ever received from pizza hut something should be done to the people write up fired etc. whatever it takes so no one else will experience this service again.

Edna Frederick.

26th of Feb, 2008

My history-20+ years in casual/fast casual dining. This problem is a direct result of the price you as a consumer are willing to pay for the product. Think about it; should you really be surprised that minimum wage workers, mostly high school and college students, would mess up, not care and if fired, move on to another job in a similar establishment? The only people making a living wage in this business are the store level and above managers. Delivery drivers work for tips and they know who tips and who doesn't. Most are part time, are out of the store most of the time and do the dishes when off the road. Wait staff work for tips too. They are either the laziest of workers in the store, or the hardest of workers and the hard working ones move on to more lucrative locales (higher priced establishments). The good ones usually only do this type of work for a couple of years until they can be employed in what they really want to do. Cooks (CSR's fall into this category-at my store I do not hire CSR's-everyone answers phones) are the least appreciated, most underpaid (my company currently pays $6.40 to $7.00 hr-there are NO bonuses, NO further raises-NO incentives what-so-ever) and therefore hardest to fill position in the store. The lowly cook does prep work, makes, cooks, cuts and boxes the pizza, answers phones and takes orders and when I find someone who can consistently show up, do what is expected and doesn't ### about everything, that person is on the promotion list (and quickly or they won't be around for long-two blocks up the street they can start at $8.00 hr). Underpaid, overworked employees translate into poor service. Just trying to get through the rush is sometimes all you can do. When my store has a bad day, meaning not enough people to staff for the amount of business we see, we just put our heads down and push on through. We give away a lot of pizza and piss off a lot of people. Unfortunately there is no way around this. The upper management only looks at numbers. Understaffed equals great labor. That, sales beating last year’s sales and food cost are all they care about. They go home at 4 or 5pm, never, ever are in a store during Friday or Saturday nights’ rush. Basically, we are on our own. This is the M.O. of just about all such casual/fast casual dining establishments; the rule, not the exception.
In summary: unless customers are willing to pay MUCH more for their product, they will lose on the service side. Those of us who care will try to satisfy, but we can only work with the tools we are given. When you place an order, don’t assume your mind is being read. Ask questions. Make follow up calls (preferably after 45 minutes if that's the time quoted, not 2 hours). Don’t be abusive to the CSR. It will only make matters worse. Once you raise your voice, or talk down to the person on the other end of the phone or across the counter, you might as well just give up. We have a lot of other customers to attend to who aren’t being ### about it. People instinctively want to do a good job and instinctively respond to kindness. Everyone makes mistakes, including you. Remember that and your life will be smoother in every way.

26th of Feb, 2008

Tracy, try using a last name. The manager obviously needs to train her people to communicate better, to the customer and themselves. Going to a different Hut is your best bet.

Edna, are you drunk? Do you understand me?

26th of Feb, 2008

You should. If that is a true story, I would bet that the manager as well as Curtis are gone from that store by now. If not, then the next higher level manager needs to go so they can all be replaced. Pedestrian safety is serious business for Pizza Hut. Did you call the corporate hot line?

26th of Feb, 2008

The policy of getting the pizza back cuts down on the scammers. Why are you so defensive about returning the pizza? Is it because you are a scammer?

Sa
  3rd of Mar, 2008

My family and I ordered 2 orders of cheese sticks to be delivered. We were told it would be at least 50 min.s for them to be delivered. We said ok. After 1 hour and 20 min's we called back and the female who answered said there had been no order for our name... GOFF! We order from there regularly which can be obtained by our phone number. A male answered the phone. We did reorder because we love Pizza Hut foods. The complaint is of poor service and no regret of bad service. It should be brought to your attention. Sarah Goff... we live off of east main... 5 min's walking distance. The original 50 min (alleged) wait was bad enough.

12th of Mar, 2008

Hard to believe that you would be SO LAZY to get it delivered when it is 5 minutes walk. What size stretch pants do you wear?

Sh
  18th of Mar, 2008

Some of the problem you are experiencing from Pizza Hut may be due to the change in the major corporation. Most of Pizza Huts in the US were owned by Gene Bicknell in Pittsburg, KS. under the Corporation National Pizza Co. About a year or so, maybe a little more, he sold the corporation. So it has been ran under new managements nation wide ever since. I think they have all suffered.

Ja
  23rd of Mar, 2008

Take out order promised for 15 minutes took 45 minutes. When asked about it, the lady at the counter was very rude.
Ticket# 47 at 3/23/08 2:24 pm at the above location.

How can I lodge a complaint with Pizza Hut? I did not see a place at their website.

Ta
  28th of Mar, 2008

I ordered a stuffed crust pizza and they said it would take 45 minutes to deliver it. After an hour and 15 minutes I called them and they said they knock on the door and no answer. Then they said they called my number and a woman answered and said she didn't order a pizza. Which was impossible since I had the phone the whole time. Then they said they would remake the pizza for full price and send it out in 45 minutes. we will see.

31st of Mar, 2008

Ever think of getting off your fat ### and getting it yourself? you lazy ###.

Gi
  13th of Jun, 2008

This was the worst; first the server came to the table; are you ready; than drinks came one straw (2 People); no tableware; no sugar( forgot to order). Salad and bread strick come; no fork; asked and had to ask a different server for tableware wait time; well my pizza there and no tableware how was I to eat by salad with my fingers I guess. Finial got a fork; after we were done; she comes back and ask if we had enought sugar; drinks are done. She takes the check and goes on break and never comes back after waiting 25 mins, because there is no one to ask. found the manager and talked to him; he say I 'll talk to her and he was sorry about the experiecne. We also waited appox 20 min for orders to be taken. I like your food ; but I will not go back for awhile due to the long wait and no tableware; and the lack of communition of the servicer for not letting me know she was going on her break and having another person take over for her; and the manager was not very concern of my feelings. I do not know the servicer name; she did not ware a name tag. I guess that so no one will be able to name her. The table was very small; you could not really order a large pizza and have it place on the table ; with drink without something getting spilled or falling on to the floor. I think that dining out is a speacl evening; and with the cost I would like it to be enjoyable for myself and husband; and this was not enjoyable; the dinner from Hell.
I hope you are able to do something about the poor service and manners of Pizza Hut.
Ginny B
Ford City PA.

4th of Jul, 2008

Where did you learn to spell?

Al
  5th of Aug, 2008

August 4, 2008
My family and I ate at the Pizza Hut on Geist Rd in Fairbanks Alaska with very poor customer service.
Our order was placed for drinks, bread sticks and pizzas. We ordered our drinks and appetizers and specified to the waitress that we wanted our appetizers before our pizza. (This I've never understood, why would they bring it with the main course or after?)What is a appetizer? Small portions of food served before the main course. The waitress returned later to take our pizza order. When our pizza arrived without plates or forks 30 min. after ordering. I asked to speak with the manager. The manager stated that if we wanted the appetizer before our food that we should have told our waitress at the time we ordered. The bread sticks arrived at our table 10 minutes after our pizza. The only action the manager took was to give us free drinks. Free drinks what a rip off. We told the manager that we would not come back, she stated that she did nothing. Well she was right she did nothing to make this right. The manager nor the waitress returned to our table to ask how our food was. What is it with these chain restaurants? Waitresses complain when they don't get tips. Get the order right, don't forget about your tables and you'll get your tips. The restaurant was so crowded a total of 7 people, 5 of them was us. Do we tip? Absolutely, when the waitress has done her job correctly. The manager needs better training and so does the waitress. This was absolutely ridiculous. Not one apology from the manager or the waitress.

Di
  15th of Sep, 2008

09/14/08 Domenic, Annie, Adam and I came into a Pizza Hut in Greenville, MI. It was about 4:30 p.m. and we were very hungry.

Our breadsticks came and we dug in. To begin with we were shorted one but decided not to say anything. Dom and I split one and were enjoying conversation when Annie said...look at your bread sticks...to our horror there was a large black hair on one. Dom told the waitress and the waitress told us the manager had made them, she would get her.

When the manager came, which was five minutes later, she was very snobby and said she was sorry and we would not have to pay for them. When she left, Adam said at least we have this plate to of breadsticks to eat. As he lifted the breadstick, a large blonde colored hair was trailing from it.

We got up and left, sick to our stomachs and grossed out.

As we glanced at the staff, it was noted by Adam, NONE of them was wearing hair nets.

Ki
  10th of Apr, 2009

WE WAITED AN HOUR FOR OUR FOOD.. AND WHEN WE GOT IT . IT WAS COLD AND THE WINGS WE ORDERD WERE SHORT IN ORDER AND THE WAITRESS DIDNT DO ANYTHING. THE MANAGER WAS THERE AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE POOR SERVICE.. THE ONLY GOOD THING THEY DID WAS GIVE US A DICOUNT

Me
  1st of May, 2009

The way you speak to the employee on the phone will determine what sort of response you get. I work at Pizza Hut and work so hard to deliver the best possible product and service to every single customer I speak to but things do go wrong. Especially in an unexpected rush period and customers need to understand that and exercise some patience and control when making a complaint. Pizza Hut is customer focused and from my experience are constantly encouraging employees to deliver the best. If you are not satisfied with your order, first contact the store you placed an order with and speak to the manager. The customer service hotline can be contacted if you are not satisfied with the manager's response. When complaining, please understand and take into consideration that we did not stuff up your order on purpose. Rude managers and employees exist in every company and unfortunately that cannot be helped.