Pioneer Press / keeps on calling after initial rejection

Company called me once last week. I have never done business with them and told them that I did not want the paper. They called once again this morning, I did not get to the phone in time to answer. They then called again 5 minutes later. I missed the second phone call. I called the number back and left a message that I was not interested in the paper and that I was finding their phone calls to be harassing. They then called back once again this afternoon at 4:39PM and there was no one on the other end of the line. Five minutes later the phone rang again and this time there was someone there. I informed them that I was reporting them for harassing me, especially since I have not done business with them in the past.

Comments

• De
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I have had the same annoying phone calls from the Pioneer Press. I have registered with the national 'Do not call list' and the calls from Pioneer Press continued. I then started getting delivery of their paper even though I had not ordered it. I received a bill for a subscription that I did not order and then received a notice from a collection agency. I called and thought I had it finally fixed. Now for the last few days i have been receiving 'complimentary' copies of the paper as some type of promotion with Marcus Theater. And the phone calls continue. I have no idea what the problem is with this newspaper business but I suspect the people in charge are brain dead !!!

@Dennis Strong 0 Votes
    Call 651-717-7377 and press 5. Ask to be put on the do not call list.

• Mh
      10th of Nov, 2008

I have been continuously harassed by these people. I have been on the Do Not Call Registry for some time, but I don't think it applies to the PP.- I'm fairly certain the DNCR only applies to interstate companies. Once a month I start getting phone-bombed by the P Press, eventually speak to a person and ask them to (please) stop calling me; they agree to "take me off their list" and I am set for another month... fun

• Ko
      27th of May, 2009

Go to http://800notes.com/ and type in their phone number. When you get to the page for their number, carefully read all of the entries. You will find out how to get the company to stop calling you.

6th of Jun, 2009

800notes will not work for this complaint.
    I think what happens here is that when they call my phone they are told I will not accept a call unless they put in their phone number. The reps make up phone numbers. Half the time when I try to return the calls I get a person who is on their personal line who is more annoyed than I am.
    Great job Pioneer Press for quickly becoming one of the most hated papers.

6th of Jun, 2009

Oh, and for the search engines, this is the latest number they claiming to be calling from.
    The number is a Verizon wireless personal account which has already been canceled. 702-544-1465

• Mr
      11th of Nov, 2010

I can not count on two hands how many times I've spoken to these clowns. Every time it is a new voice on the phone, and they DO NOT take no for an answer. I have repeatedly told them to take me of their calling list. Some of them will talk over you when you ask them, as if they didn't hear you.

• Th
      19th of Aug, 2015

I have called recently to cancel my subscription. I have tried on 2 occasions. Each time I am put on hold and I give up after waiting for 6-7 minutes. Each time the message also states That I can contact the pioneer press on their web sight. When trying to reach circulation on your web sight, I end up with a phone number to call.

My message is simple. I want to cancel my subscription. Stop sending bills and get the cancellation taken care of.
    Tom Gerenz 66 E. 9th St. #2314.
    I hope you can get this done.

12th of Oct, 2015

We are having the problem of paying for a subscription but not getting our paper, we have asked for a refund but have been told they do not give refunds but will look into it.

• Ni
      20th of Apr, 2018

This damn paper. I moved out of St. Paul two years ago and they continue to call. I have told them many times to stop calling, take my number out of their system but they continue. I end up just blocking their number. This behavior is insane and I sincerely hope they go out of business.

25th of Oct, 2018

@Nickel kiln Call 651-717-7377 and press 5. Ask to be put on the do not call list. Same thing for me. I found out the telemarketers that call have no control of who they call. They get the list and make the calls. To stop the calls you have to do that through the Pioneer Press itself.

• Ve
      15th of Aug, 2018
    TwinCities.com / St. Paul Pioneer Press - Newspaper delivery now missing 2 days
    st paul

Previously day no delivery. these papers cost 1.50 and the inconvenience of going downtown previously I cancelled b/c of non delivery. I started it July 4 th and already I don't get it. I would like to get delivery. Can this be corrected? and when

• Mm
      15th of Aug, 2018
    TwinCities.com / St. Paul Pioneer Press - Account No.: 60621286

Someone named "Dean" had signed me up for a FREE subscription to the SPPP and that if I should have any problem with this subscription I could call him or state that he would take care of it. I have not had the SPPP since cancelling this alleged "free"$7.30 charge? Please send the bill to "Dean"...I will only keep sending this back.

Thank you.!!

• Da
      1st of Sep, 2018
    TwinCities.com / St. Paul Pioneer Press - Non Delivery of Newspaper
    Eagan
    Minnesota

I signed up for delivery of the daily paper on Weds, thurs and sunday. Rarely do I get both the weds and thurs paper. sometimes I do not get either one, I really enjoy the pioneer press but if this is the type of service i can expect, I am going back to the Mpls star tribune

David Cleveland
    651-454-0536

25th of Oct, 2018

Call 651-717-7377 and press 5. Ask to be put on the do not call list.