Phillips / Lack of after sales service and misbehavior by the staff

1 India Review updated:

I had bought 32"Phillips matchline 3yrs ago. We bought the product because of the company's good after sales services. But in last 2yrs the television set has already caused too many hassles. The service engineers took the t.v set to their workshop but have not returned it for the past 2 months. They also suggested replacement of the t.v sets' crucial parts whose cost they said comes upto Rs6000 excluding service charges. The television has not been repaired since. Also,the manager in charge showed lack of interest and behaved rudely. They even challenged us to file a complaint against them.

Comments

• Va
      14th of Sep, 2008
    Phillips - Bad service
    Phillips
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    philips.com

I contacted Philips consumer products regarding a defective television on 9/3/08 and they did not respond. The television is 1.5 years old and the screen has gone black. After researching the problem on the internet, I found several other consumers issuing the same complaint. The television is a Magnavox 20 MF 251W Series.

• Ri
      15th of Sep, 2008

Bought 20 " flat screen lcd tv warranty is up. They said they would extend the watrranty for $289 and send a replacement new or refurb in its place. This is unexceptable for the cost of the unit I think they shuold just replace it free of charge.

• Su
      8th of Jul, 2010

I bought a Philips 17" Color Monitor (not LCD) 4/5 years ago. Model # 105S5. In the mean time the front side 3 buttons were not works properly. But it was not a great problem that my purpose was serving. Suddenly one month ago it shows the dialogue box mentioned main menu and often "main menu is locked" and the buttons are not working properly. Only (-) button working in wrong order. In the essential working it is disturbing again and again. Automatically changing order and after some time it is abolishing. Several times seen the problem and disturbing. Where is service center in Dhaka I don't know. Please give me a mail in my "gmsurjo@gmail.com" account a sweet solution.

11th of Aug, 2010
    Phillips - Stay away
    Phillips

It was less than 2 months of purchase and this 42 inch flat screen stopped working, I called them on June 24th & it is now August 10th, no one has called me back or repaired the TV, I went to the place it was purchased, only to find out I had to go through all of these steps, by calling Phillips, I have been told the part was found, I am not sure how they know what part is needed, no one came and looked at the TV, then I was told the part is on back order, and several delaying stories, The consumer does not have the option of bringing it back to the place of purchase for a refund, at this point I want my money back to purchase a better brand. The Reference number is 96s46 at Phillips. The problem was escalated several times by the reps and I to Phillips Consumer Affairs and still no resolution to the growing issue, this is unacceptable.

• Na
      29th of Apr, 2015

• Na
      29th of Apr, 2015

We had bought a Philips mixer cum grinder about 3 years ago. It stopped working and we found a service centre @ Vashi, navi mumbai. Once we reported there we were advised that we drop the mixie and call after 3 days to know details of repairs and the total charges that we wil have to pay. After 3 days when we reported we were told that the motor will have to be totally replaced and the coupler will have to be renewed too. Total charges including servicing will be Rs 3500. When we enquired about the warantee and the warantee for the new parts replaced we were advised that it would be for ONE MONTH ONLY. We requested that the Philips make brand new parts should carry warantee of atleast 6 MONTHS, the dealer refused to accept . We called the customer care and were connected to area service manager and that gentleman too refused for longer warantee for the parts renewed, stating that it was the company policy !!! I ask, why PHILIPS CHARGES SKY HIGH FOR THE NEW PARTS AND THEN GIVE ONLY 1 MONTH WARANTEE ??? NO BODY HAS had the ANSWER IN PHILIPS, and perhaps they closed the chapter sending me an sms today if I was satisfied !!! I AM NOT !!! AND, I DEMAND THE TOP MANAGEMENT TO REPLY TO THIS, ASAP.