Menu
Philips
reviews & complaints

Philips
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

142 complaints
40 resolved 102 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Philips. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
G

Philips - tv is a lemon

Bought a Philips 37" LCD TV from Best Buy on 9/28/07. Had to return the TV because it has a defective screen - a line of pixels were out - Best Buy took care of that because it was within their 30 day guarantee. On 11/24/2007 the audio went out on the TV. It will be sitting in the authorized Philips repair shops for weeks because Philips is notorious for not being prompt with part for their service centers - I have no recourse that I know of. Philips TV's suck... don't buy one under any circumstance

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, My name is sanjay singh and i am useing 20pt colore TV its not in working condition and i was trying to call on custore care but not reply . So here by kindly advice me correct customer support number or contact me on 9833247075. Thanks sanjay

12:00 am

Philips - after sales service so poor

My reference no. is 26611 dt. 16.10.2007 by 45 days gone I continuously call call centre people that no technician has visited to our home. They says that with in 48 hours problem has been solved but they service centre people are not interested to solve the problem.

I repeatedly call their call centre i.e.19011801111 they assures me that today our technician has visited to your home, but service centre people are not interested to solve the problem. so much time i spent a money on telephone, but philips after sales service is not good & i personally suggested to all people to not purchase a philips product. Because there service is so poor.

H

Philips - music system fwd832

We bought the music system FWD832 on 14th October, 2007 with great pride and trust in the company and the dealer (Navrang Electronics, Vikas Marg, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi). We have been a customer of the latter for the last 15 years and more and have been using Philips products for practically all our life. But to our greatest disappointment last month has been a nighmare following up with the dealer as well as Philips after sales service to get our defected music system replaced, which was declared as "out of box" defected piece on the day it was installed along with our brand new 32 inch LCD TV.
It's almost impossible to mention the number of calls that we have made that have fallen on deaf ears. We have spoken to Mr. Sachin Chaturvedi, Mr. Deepak Sahay and some other employees at Philips and at the dealer shop but till date (November 12, 2007) no action has been taken.
As a last resort, we are writing to this complaint board with the hope that some action would be taken and soon...

Harsh Katyal (Mobile # +91-9810894374

Philips - amblight problems

Philips 42" LCD Flatpanel TV Model 42PF9831D/37 Ambilight
www.philips.com

I purchased a brand new Philips 42" Flatpanel TV from a company named Dad's Toys. I registered the television's warranty with Philips when I received it in April. I had the TV less than a month and the bottom right corner of the Ambilight feature kept going out, also the picture kept going dark. I phone Philip's warranty service and they set up an appointment with Electra-Sound in Parma to have it fixed. Electa-Sound came and picked up the television, finally, on 7/31/07. They had it almost a month and finally returned it on 8/22/07. They said the television was fixed, they ran it three days and the picture was fixed and the ambilight was fixed. I watched the television for 15 minutes and the same bottom right corner of the ambilight went out again. I immediately phoned Philips about this. They said they would still pay Electra-Sound for fixing it, even though they clearly did not touch it, and I could call Pro-Tec Electric in Cuyahoga Falls to again have it fixed at their expense. I phoned Pro-Tec and explained the problem. They were unable to pick up the television for repair for two weeks, so I brought it to them sometime in the beginning of September of 2007. They looked at the television and were able to fix the picture, just a software update. As far as the ambilight, they needed to order a new source board for the inside. Upon ordering the part, they found out that Philips no longer had the part in stock. Philips then contacted me about this and offered to replace the television. They wanted to give me the new model, I am attaching the model number. I reluctantly agreed to this. Reluctantly because the television I had purchased had the full ambilight feature, meaning the light was on all the way around the television, retailing for 3500.00. The television they were sending only has the ambilight on the sides, retailing for 1699.00 I was very upset on the phone being as I was losing so much money, but all they said was they were replacing it with the 'comparable' model they now produce. Other words they gave me no choice, take what they are offering or keep my original television that was broken. So I agreed, told them to send it just to be done with the matter and have my television back. They shipped the replacement on 9/26/07 to Pro-Tec. Pro-Tec received the television and I picked it up from them on 10/18/07. I brought it home, opened it up, and discovered that Philips in fact did not send me a new television, they sent me a 'refurbished' television. The front of this television is covered with scratches. I am sick of trying to talk to them about this. I want MY television replaced. I've already lost alot of money over this and they are not standing by their warranty. They didn't replace my new television with a new television. They sent me a used one and pretty much told me the difference in the cost is pretty much too bad, they can't do anything about it. I either want a brand new television to replace my original television, or I want a 3500.00 refund so I can purchase a new television from another manufacturer. Can someone please help me with this?

Sincerely Frustrated
David L. Sawyer
245 So. Diamond St.
Ravenna, Ohio, 44266
(330)2962423

Jul 01, 2008 12:39 pm

We have a 42" ambilight and it has worked fine until the warranty ran out. Now you can't turn it on without un plugging it and waiting and replug. This morning after the unplug ritual, the picture is green. We have tried to adjust it, but it seems we have a big old black and white TV. Any suggestions on repair or cause of the color problem.

May 28, 2008 11:28 am

Listen, when you buy a TV or any product with a warranty it is a CONTRACT. Said company with warranty will stand by their product DURING it's course of the warranty period. Maybe if you actually bothered to READ the warranty you might have noticed it read and I quote from what it says in the back of your manual: "At its option, Philips will either (1) repair the product at no
charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, or (2)
exchange the product with a product that is new or which
has been manufactured from new, or serviceable used parts
and is at least functionally equivalent or most comparable
to the original product in Philips current inventory, or (3)
refund the original purchase price of the product."

So! It looks to me that Philips went with option 2 and replaced your TV with a refurbished unit which is WELL within their right to do. Why? BECAUSE, as SOON as you bought that TV you consented to their warranty and all the terms it applied. You have NO right to tell Philips that they were wrong in exchanging your TV with that model they provided to you.

Also let me explain something else to you in case you aren't aware. When retail stores sell TVs for 3000 or 4000 or whatever the price may be, it is the STORES price not Philips. Philips will sell the TVs to the store at what they call a WHOLESALE price. It is up to the retailer's discretion as to what they will sell it to consumer's. Usually it will always be higher than the wholesale price so the retailer will make some profit.

So to end it all, man up, take care of business and stop whining. Learn to live life and appreciate it for what it's worth and not ### and crying because poor little David got "screwed" with an electronic that is guaranteed to break down.

G

Philips - defective sound/audio

I purchased Philips 29" flat TV Model 29PT3223 from Khater Home appliances Pvt Ltd. R.P.Road Secunderabad 500003,India on 1-9-2006 vide cash memo receipt No. 3046.Right from the day one ,there is no clarity in sound/Audio . I complained to the service people (Ph. No.+914066335888/6888) and the technician attended and checked with remote only & said that every thing is OK for which I have not satisfied/agreed.Again I lodged a complaint No.3406 dt.13/08/07 regarding the sound since the warranty period is about to expire.This time the Technician has checked and agreed with me that the sound is defective & said that this problem persists with the sets sold in India for which the company is supplying with a rectification kit.He has fixed that kit at last & at present the sound clarity is OK(not very good). I always trusted the philips products and hope that they are kings in Audio. I don't know why the Philips company is selling such defective sound system TV sets in India knowingly ? I am very much disappointed in selecting the Philips TV.

Nov 05, 2007 5:52 am

Philips tv CT-2755 volume un lock 1999 release date pls. Send me information smb!

Philips - dvd 3046 complain regarding poor customer service

Hi

I don't know if this is going to reach in right hands or not. I am writing this as a disappointed Customer of Philips.

I work in Wipro Technologies, Bangalore. I and my roomate purhased a DVD player on 01/07/2007. It was working absolutely fine till the 6th of October, 2007. The DVD was unable to operate with the remote, As the DVD is in warranty we took it to the service centre at RMS Technologies Pvt. Ltd. # 949, 39th Cross, 24th Main 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560041. As per the Invoice that we received the Promise Date to receive the DVD was 19th October, 2007. I called up the service center on the given Nos. and asked the status of my DVD via the token no. 63436 on the Invoice. I received a reply that I could come and collect the DVD on Tuesday the 23rd as per the technician the front panel had to be replaced and it has been ordered by the service center earlier. So I with my room mate went to the service center on Tuesday to collect the DVD player but the person incharge said that it was not yet ready and the front panel has not yet arrived, so I asked him when should I receive the DVD player as the promise date has already expired. In return their was a rude reply that, "due to the festivals their was a delay, and if you are in such hurry you can take the DVD player to the other service center in Jayanagar which had open shortly in the 6th Block for the same RMS technologies." I was surprised to know that a Customer is asked to take it to the other service center, which is strange.

This indicates that the service center is a disgrace for customers of Philips, and this all makes us feel that we should not purchase any Philips products due to such ignorance of time and customer service for the customers of Philips. In this way if I spread the news amomg my friends and colleagues, I suppose a person would think many a times when purchasing a Philips product.

I have never experinced such poor customer service earlier with any products that I own at my home.

K
Jul 10, 2009 5:13 am

I purchaged an steam iron GC 8220 on 16/8/07.in june 09 problem occured.all the water pures out of the soleplate and leaks of water are observed under the water tank when i pull
it out.I took it to the authorised service of my area and after a week it was fixed. after using it twice again the same problem occured. I took it again to be fixed and I was told nothing
was wrong with it. I used it again and after 2 hours use the same problem again. I have now taken it to the authorised philips service who would now take it to the company
itself to check. How long time and how many times shall I take it to be fixed? A fter all
I' m still in the 2 years guarantee period and since I still have problems that cant be solved
I expect its replacement.

Katerina Papaspiropoulou

P
Dec 04, 2008 5:15 am

I've been having problems getting help from Customer care office (PHILIPS in Poland) . About one year ago I bought a vacuum cleaner FC8207 and for few months I can't get ANY information where to order accessories from (that is Bag needed to be replaced every 6 moths and HEPA filters) I want to do a simple thing: order those things online - since I can't drive and I have difficulties traveling (I'm partly physically disabled) I need to have somebody to help me order all the accessories I need so my housekeeper can do her work. My case is being ignored by Polish customer care office.

12:00 am

Philips - poor repair service!

December 2006 purchased 37mf23D/331D/321D LCD TV
Serial number:BZ2a0639560782
From Walmart In Colorado Springs, Co.

28 Days ago requested repair service from 1-800-705-2000. The Tch referred to Minute Man T V @ 719-392-8901. He showed late in the afternoon on August 30th. Took the TV apart and stated that he would order a part but it may not solve the problem.

On Monday or Tuesday called the Minute Man TV,to check on the part. Advised they had forgot to order the part. Called Magnavox 800 telephone number they advised it had been ordered. The same routine followed every other day for the past 21 days.

September 24th call Minute Man T.V. repair was told the part was there.

September 25th called the repair man ask him what time he would arrive with the part. Reply was the part was not there yet. Ask why he had not advised of the error on the 24th. He stated that his parts were on hold. Ask what does that mean? No reply!

Beware!

K
Feb 01, 2013 12:28 pm

I had purchased a New Magnovox LCD TV from Sears. The TV has sudden stopped turning on neither by remote or the direct button. This has left me out of hundreds of dollars and a product that is just collecting dust. I don't have the money to buy another and the repair cost is more than the value of the TV. I have come across many complaints online of the same nature which has convinced me that this is a manufacturer problem and should be recalled and fixed by the company. how do this get started

12:00 am

Philips - poor quality product!

I purchased a Phillips CTV (34 PT 8322 model), for an amount of Rs.42,000 on 30.10.2005 in Tirumala Music Center, Abids, Hyderabad. A warranty for 1+2 years was also extended. But unfortunately, the said CTV developed defect, such as, improper and disturbance in the clarity. However, bearing with it, I approached the Phillips Company and requested for rectification. I have also requested the Phillips Company on 29.11.2006 vide complaint No.2624. The Company was pleased to depute its representative, by name, Mr. Umapathi, who rectified the defect then and after a month or so, the said CTV developed the same defect and again on 25.1.2007, a request complaint was registered with the Company vide complaint No.3530. Subsequently also vide request complaint No.4400 dated 21.23.2007 and 5886, dated 21.6.07, were made to the Phillips Company over phone and also by personal visits. But the defect remained unattended to so far. Now the said CTV has been completely unserviceable (ie., it is almost dead TV). Following are the dates on which I made request complaint.

1. Complaint No.2624, dated 29.11.2006;
2. Complaint No.3530, dated 25.01.2007;
3. Complaint No.4400, dated 21.03.2007
4. Complaint No.5886, dated 21.06.2007

It is painful to mention that a reputable Company like Philips to act as such. Having spent hard earned huge amount of money and despite persuasions both by personal visits and over phone, the said CTV is not rectified. I suffered mental agony. I was put to much inconvenience and made to spend further amount towards my personal visits and telephone calls. My entire family members suffered irreparable loss for want of CTV, for which the company is liable for compensation. It is reliably learnt that my neighbor who approached for the purchase of the said model TV, the said neighbor informed that the production of the said model has been stopped since it has developed defect. So far the company has not responded.

DON'T PURCHASE PHILIPS TVs and read your warranty card immediately after purchase!

Philips - bad customer service

On July 23, 2007 i purchased a Philips DVD Home Theater System. On Sep 1, 2007 it was no longer working. It would not eject the DVD, would not play or do anything.

I called Philips and was told I first have to mail them the component at my expense and it would take a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks business days for them to send me a replacement. I'm upset because first of all the component should not have problems this soon and I should not have to spend my money returning it. Good Customer Service would have mailed out a new component along with packaging/postal materials for the item that will be returned.

Jul 02, 2007 12:00 am

I have purchased a DVD home theater system from Philips. But from the beginning I have facing problem with remote control receiver unit. To check the transmitting unit I have procured a remote checker. By this I checked the remote and found ok. The machine was serviced by philips service engineer at Mangalore. But after 4 month the same problem has been arising. The DVD player is only 1 year old. Last week the warranty period was expired. I am filling very very bad about the Philips product and I think this is my last philips product. Regarding this problem I had send a mail to Philips customer care also but without vain.

I am presently working in HPCL. I know that company reputation is very much required in todays business.

Dec 02, 2007 3:50 pm

as per stated by your warranty:

This Limited Warranty does not cover:
• Shipping charges to return defective product to Philips.

Philips - audio not working

DVD Player purchased from Shree Laxmi Electronics, Adajan Road OPP: Bhulka Bhavan School, Surat.

Dealer claims that he is only the distributor of South Gujarat region.
At the time of selling the product he made so many promises about good service, but now he demands Rs. 250/- service charge for any services render to customer even though the product is in warranty period.

I brought the product from nearest Phillips dealer, because he is adjacent to my home. But what a stupid reply from dealer, I don't believe that Phillips, a great company, have such foolish dealer.
They are not giving service even at 2 minutes distance without charge, even a warranty period s in force.

I want company's intervention to resolve grievance.

12:00 am

Philips - don't buy thier junk products!

We bought a 32" Magnavox regular ole' tv for $296.79 Model# 32mt3305717 Serial # YA1A0544036205 Jan.08-2006. Fast forward August 3,2007... started we would turn it on 3 times before it would stay on. Two days later it would not do anything. Called Magnavox trying to get some type of compensation on the future repair bill. They will call back in 2-3 business days. Three days later they called and wanted me to fax a copy of the receipt. They said they would call back in 2-3 days. I faxed a copy of the receipt and waited. 2 days later they called and wanted me to "lighten it up and refax it." I lightened it up and got copy of my discover card bill and refaxed both to them. Three days turned into five and they called and said they would only compensate up until 18 months. We were out of luck @ 19 months.

I though Phillips / Magnavox was a good quality product. I was wrong all I got was THE RUNAROUND and a broke tv for $300. $296.79 divided by 19 months $15.62 I rented a tv for 19 months... J-U-N-K , DO NOT BUY MAGNAVOX / PHILLIPS !

T
12:00 am

Philips - spots and lines on tvs philips!

I purchased a 42" Philips Plasma HDTV approximately 18 months ago. I am pleased with the set except for the following. I have burn in on my screen. It was not caused by a still image on the screen but by long exposure from the sun through a vaulted ceiling half round window. The "spots and lines" are in line with shadows that were cast in certain areas of the screen.

I called Philips and they were absolutely no help and I waited 15 min. to talk to customer service , which I was instructed to take it to an authorized repair center. I argued that the owners manual did not warn against long exposure to the sun. They had no comment.

My warranty is out and I am stuck with expensive damage to my TV. I suggest buying a store warranty for any HDTV set. The only electronic store warranty I suggest.

Tony C
Georgia

L
Aug 20, 2018 11:36 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Suposed to have a home delivery today. Philips Singapore Missing in action and no call.
We had cancelled our outdoor activities to wait for this delivery.Very disappointed with Philips Singapore.

R
12:00 am

Philips - lack of after sales service and misbehavior by the staff

I had bought 32"Phillips matchline 3yrs ago. We bought the product because of the company's good after sales services. But in last 2yrs the television set has already caused too many hassles. The service engineers took the t.v set to their workshop but have not returned it for the past 2 months. They also suggested replacement of the t.v sets' crucial parts whose cost they said comes upto Rs6000 excluding service charges. The television has not been repaired since. Also,the manager in charge showed lack of interest and behaved rudely. They even challenged us to file a complaint against them.

6 comments
Aug 11, 2010 6:03 am

It was less than 2 months of purchase and this 42 inch flat screen stopped working, I called them on June 24th & it is now August 10th, no one has called me back or repaired the TV, I went to the place it was purchased, only to find out I had to go through all of these steps, by calling Phillips, I have been told the part was found, I am not sure how they know what part is needed, no one came and looked at the TV, then I was told the part is on back order, and several delaying stories, The consumer does not have the option of bringing it back to the place of purchase for a refund, at this point I want my money back to purchase a better brand. The Reference number is 96s46 at Phillips. The problem was escalated several times by the reps and I to Phillips Consumer Affairs and still no resolution to the growing issue, this is unacceptable.

Sep 14, 2008 12:04 pm

I contacted Philips consumer products regarding a defective television on 9/3/08 and they did not respond. The television is 1.5 years old and the screen has gone black. After researching the problem on the internet, I found several other consumers issuing the same complaint. The television is a Magnavox 20 MF 251W Series.

Apr 29, 2015 7:38 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We had bought a Philips mixer cum grinder about 3 years ago. It stopped working and we found a service centre @ Vashi, navi mumbai. Once we reported there we were advised that we drop the mixie and call after 3 days to know details of repairs and the total charges that we wil have to pay. After 3 days when we reported we were told that the motor will have to be totally replaced and the coupler will have to be renewed too. Total charges including servicing will be Rs 3500. When we enquired about the warantee and the warantee for the new parts replaced we were advised that it would be for ONE MONTH ONLY. We requested that the Philips make brand new parts should carry warantee of atleast 6 MONTHS, the dealer refused to accept . We called the customer care and were connected to area service manager and that gentleman too refused for longer warantee for the parts renewed, stating that it was the company policy ! I ask, why PHILIPS CHARGES SKY HIGH FOR THE NEW PARTS AND THEN GIVE ONLY 1 MONTH WARANTEE ? NO BODY HAS had the ANSWER IN PHILIPS, and perhaps they closed the chapter sending me an sms today if I was satisfied ! I AM NOT ! AND, I DEMAND THE TOP MANAGEMENT TO REPLY TO THIS, ASAP.

Apr 29, 2015 7:27 am

Jul 08, 2010 8:21 am

I bought a Philips 17" Color Monitor (not LCD) 4/5 years ago. Model # 105S5. In the mean time the front side 3 buttons were not works properly. But it was not a great problem that my purpose was serving. Suddenly one month ago it shows the dialogue box mentioned main menu and often "main menu is locked" and the buttons are not working properly. Only (-) button working in wrong order. In the essential working it is disturbing again and again. Automatically changing order and after some time it is abolishing. Several times seen the problem and disturbing. Where is service center in Dhaka I don't know. Please give me a mail in my "[email protected]" account a sweet solution.

R
Sep 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Bought 20 " flat screen lcd tv warranty is up. They said they would extend the watrranty for $289 and send a replacement new or refurb in its place. This is unexceptable for the cost of the unit I think they shuold just replace it free of charge.

Philips - horrible service - terrible product

We purchased a Philips DVD Burner DVDR75 for $500.00. It NEVER worked properly. The picture transfer was not true to the original and the unit was so sensitive that it would not record if the picture was too snowy. It also crashed while watching DVDs. We were trying to convert personal videos to DVD. We always had problems during the entire time. We would only receive software upgrades and we always had to speak to someone in India. We also had color issues with a Philips TV. The companies service and products are unreliable and the worst to deal with. I will NEVER deal with them or buy another product from them EVER again. Absolute GARBAGE!

12:00 am

Philips - worst service and worst product!

1 and half year back I have purchased one dvd hi-fi system of phlips, and within 5 month it got some technical problem, I contacted with service center and they had replaced my dvd. But after 9 month that replaced dvd started showing technical problem (track struck, system hang etc) when contacted the service center on 13/01/07 they told me to submit the dvd. But even after a month they haven't repaired the DVD but raised an estimate of Rs.2100/-. Now I am totally dissatisfied with the quality of such a big brand name. You are requested to consider the importance of this issue and look into it on priority basis. Losing one customer wont effect your business but losing the faith of customers may effect you. Never purchase Philips goods.

4 comments
A
Jul 11, 2009 11:29 pm

I have the same model fwd 550 and i bought that in 2006. During the warranty period itself the tape deck stopped working, the service center person repaired it but after a week same problem came back. As of now, only audio cd works, and i had paid something like 15000 for the system. This system is totally useless, and it seems like i have wasted my money. The customer service care people are worse, they want me to bring the system along with speakers to their center which is some 25 kms away. And they are not even ready to give me an estimate. They are more concerned about the customers going for AMC.

Mar 30, 2009 1:50 am

I wish to place my complaint over the same model. I totally agree with Harish and James that philips really sucks. I bought one about the same period last year and it worked for a few months only. The problem is the same. One morning I turned on the power and all the functions just stuck. All the lights came on and just froze there. I enquired with the shop which I bought the system from and they informed me they cannot fix the problem. I went to another guy who fixes electronic equipments (DVD decks, sound systems etc) and he said the problem relates to the system program itself and could only be fixed digitally. He advised me to bring the system to any local agents for Philips brands. We had one in the country but upon enquiry they said they could only attend their own customers. Even if I had a philips I could be attended if I had purchased from them, not other shops. Having searched on the internet to seek out possible solutions for the problem; only to find similar complaints about this same model (FW-D550 DVD MINI HIFI SYSTEM).

I can only asdvise that this is one of the worst system I came across in terms of repair and servicing because it seems to me there is none. The Philips Company should strike out this model from their list and should move a step further; compensate those who bought this product and make replacements with their other model..., Otherwise Philips is finding its way out from my recommended list of brands.., I will actually campaign against Philips in this country. While we have already struggled with everything else; names such as philips only make life even worse...because they cheat you from even the little you have left to spend on something you think will help decorate your household.

H
Jan 17, 2008 2:22 am

I have the same model and to be honest Phillips really sucks.. I bought FWD550 in july 2006. In Jan 2007, the sound output for Radio, Cassettes and Aux stopped. Only audio CDs could be heard. Called up Svc center, the guy and took the unit, after a week delivered it. The joy was shortlived as in sept 2007 (after the warranty period), the CD/DVD player stopped working properly. Whenever I entered DVD/CD, the system just hangs, and displays "RESET". No other buttons work then. I can't even change the mode to radio or cassette. I have to shut down the unit for a min and switch it on only to get the same problem. Worst thing is the tray cannot be opened. Phillips product really sucks... I paid 17.5K and now it's not even worth 5K.

Feb 06, 2007 10:48 am

Philips customer service sucks. They should not even call it customer service. I just bought a Philips home theater system less than 3 months ago and just last night, a dvd got stuck in the drive (it will not eject for anything). I called customer service and they told me the only possible solution would be to unplug the whole system for 1 minute and plug it back in. Well BIG SURPRISE, this did not work. So then the guy tells me that we have to send the WHOLE unit back, including all of the speakers to have it "repaired", and we have to pay for shipping! The guy was completely incompetent.

12:00 am

Philips - worst service given by philips

I have a 29'' philips tv, which has some parts got some problem. I called up philips service center for a service request. After 1 day the technician came saw the tv and told me that he will take the tv for service. So he told me the philips vehicle will come and collect the tv on next day. Next day noone came to collect. So i called the center again and he told me that the vehicle has already left for delhi. So can't be happen today. So he will come and take the tv on next day. Next day when called up got the response that the driver is on leave. So they will take the tv the next day. So i don't know what's the service philips is providing to the customer. In the total ncr region they have just 1 service center and there also these service centers encourage us to give for servicing to outside. So what should we expect from. Philips. This is really ridiculous. I have never faced any problem with any other brand like sony, etc. If any philips executive are hearing just try to keep some faith of the customer.

May 15, 2007 3:37 am

I was given my Philips 5 in 1 (Model AZ5150) for repair on 21.02.2007 at philips service centre "Di G Solutions Private Ltd, 10-2-2/A, Meghna East End Appt, West Maredpally- secunderabad - 500026" . Their promise date is 22.02.2007. Till now I called them several times, visited more than 10 times and called your local Branch Manager Mr. Basha for more than 5 times. All these attempta are no use. Allways they say , by this weekend. That weekend never comes. I asked them to return my article with a letter saying that it was not repaired/nor repairable. They refused to do so. What is my fate . Now i am not interested in getting it back. They even refused to give the company complaint cell contacts(e-mail/phone no/mobile no). Being a Philip brand user from last 35 years, I am very sorry to say this. Now i want to donate my article to PHILIPS INDIA. And I decided to not to go to them (even they called me to take delivery) . What i have to say more than this about philips inida service.

Feb 14, 2007 3:55 am

This is to register a complaint about your service station Hi-Tech Services, in Noida (NCR region). This is the most embarrassing situation we have ever faced by by purchasing the philips product. I have a 29'' TV from Philips whose parts got fault. so I called upon your service station for a service. They took around 2 days for respond to the call and then 3 days to collect the TV and take that to service station. And fro9m last 2 weeks it's with them and the people there are giving commitment of returning the TV set from last 1 week. Everyday they are giving some silly reasons for not sending the TV. So I am requesting you to take action against this else I'll be forced to take some awareness among the consumer who faced the similar situation for your poor services provided to your esteemed consumer. I have never faced any problem in any other brand. If you don't take this seriously then definitely the consumers will suffer as well as the sales figure of Philips in India for it poor quality of products and worst service.

12:00 am

Philips - philips poor service and crappy made tv's!

If you do a search on 27pt6441/37 you will find complaint after complaint (100's of them) about Philips poor service and crappy made TV's.

Because I thought nothing about looking at reviews like this I was fool enough to purchase Wally Worlds cheap (Always cheaper) products. Well I soon paid for it. went to turn it on to sit back and enjoy a movie and "Snap Crackel pop" I get the old black screen trick! No power nothing! After finding the long lost receipt and paper work I call the 1-888 number only to get put on hold and the biggest run-around from the service reps and his supervisor. I was told my warranty had just run out (18 months). they gave me the closest TV repair man 52 miles. It was the old uhaul uload upay. When I read the similar complaints on Google I new I was Nafta-ed and shafted. Look I know im a cheap @@@@ard but, come on 18 months on a tv? I just gave an old Emmerson to good will that was 13 years old full of spilled dust and broken knobs but still running ...give me a break! I have written a letter to Phlips, and I don't expect much. Maybe I'll go back to the good will and see if my old tv is still there. My advice,review every thing before you buy.

Jan 23, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks for your comments! Clearly this was a defect that Philips should have felt responsible to correct.

12:00 am

Philips - failure tv, poor customer service!

We bought philips 21"tv, model no - 2443 two months back (oct-13-2006) from unilet appliances private limited showroom - cox town, bangalore. with in few days the problem started. suddenly without warning picture/sound goes off. even the personnel who come for the service from authorized service center agrees the piece/model itself is a defective one, which got repaired and delivered to me. this he proved by showing a sticker (contained details where the repair has be done) pasted in the back cabinet of the tv.

After an initial fight with unilet and philips, unilet agreed to replace me a new piece. as I lost trust on philips and asked unilet to replace different brand tv (samsung/sony) but they refused on this and delivered me new philips 21" tv, model no - 2443. so please rethink before buying goods from unilet and philips brand. though the unilet people has replaced me a new piece on dec-15-2006 after a lot of fight, but I doubt how the replaced new piece works...

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have bought a 21 inch tv from Harshita Electronics, shalimar garden, ext.-2, ghaziabad (mr.gurcharan singh-9818831646, 0120-2636736) on 12th march 2006, after 5 months it stopped performing and the service center people repaired, but after that till the date it failed to performed well and for almost 5 times it became dead. and the most important thing i...

Philips contacts