Petro Canada In Aurora, Onunlawfull gas charges

There îs a scam going on in Aurora, ON which I encountered at two Petro Canada stations located on Yonge street where after filling my tank with Regular Gasoline I ended up being charged for Premium Gasoline. When I asked the attendant what is going on, he just started to become rude and told me that I filled up my car with Premium and asked me to pay. I have told him to call the cops but he wouldn't. In the end I have paid and placed a complaint with Petro Canada but no response. These are thieves who apparently can get away with it and there is nothing you can do about it. Be aware at least when you fill up at Petro Canada. For me, never again. I will avoid their gas stations like the plague.

Gm
Feb 21, 2015

Comments

• Le
      Jun 13, 2017

This just happened to me at 15440 Yonge Street Petro Canada in Aurora! A FB post cautioned me to take a better look at my gas receipts, and when I noticed the cost to fill my tank was higher than usual, I looked at the receipt to see I was charged for Superclean premium grade over regular (which I know for a fact that I selected!). The difference is $10! The employee said that nobody else had complained about that pump and insisted that I had selected the wrong grade. (The two buttons for the grade couldn't be any further apart!) He refused to put an 'out of order' sign on the pump and said I had to call the 1-800 number for Petro, which I did and filed a report. I was told to dispute the charge with my credit card and that they are going to open an investigation. Such a scam! If this has been going on since 2015, can you imagine the money this scam is making?! The employee seemed to conveniently forget English, the longer I was there questioning him and the Manager of the store didn't seem at all concerned when I contacted him later by phone. CONSUMERS BEWARE!