Petland / sick puppies

To all you people who have purchased puppies from Petland, who have become sick or died shortly after purchase...and to all you people who are considering buying a puppy from Petland...have you not heard that they have been exposed for buying their puppies from Puppy Mills!!! This was announced after a 9 month investigation by the SPCA. It was all over the news. Petland, of course, disputes this.
Puppy Mill breeders do not take their pups for the necessary shots (most say they can do that themselves and don't "need" a Vet), therefore putting the pups at risk for the Parvo Virus. In most cases, the breeders' facility is in deplorable conditions, unfit and unclean, and the adult dogs live a horrible life, in cages, used only for breeding. You are unknowingly supporting these awful breeders by purchasing from Petland, and you are paying a HUGE price for these puppies, who, in most cases aren't even purebred! They are crosses.
Please consider obtaining your new pet from a Shelter, but if you insist on a "designer" purebred, please make sure you GO and visit the Breeder's facility to pick your pup. Don't have it shipped to you, or "meet" the breeder somewhere other than his/her facility. That is a red flag if they offer that. Make sure the conditions are clean, the animals are not "caged" or over-populated, and insist on receiving a Certificate from a Vet that shows the proper vaccinations and health checks have been done. EACH pup should have it's own Certificate. Beware! Some bad breeders are very deceptive.
These Puppy Mills have to be shut down! Also, check out Oprah's Show on Puppy Mills, from last year...it will truly open your eyes!

N  1st of Apr, 2010 by
I just bought a puppy from Petland. They promised me almost anything to buy but after the purchase told me he wasn't eating and then slight variations on their promises showed up one for example in the warranty. I have never had a puppy needing a hypoglycemic aid but was almost forced to buy it or sign papers otherwise. I took him to a vet the next day when he would not eat only to find out from her that the store had only just received him.. not had him, socialized him, been combing him etc. like they told me. The vet said he was very traumatized at 8wks. and would need babying. If he is really what they say he is and the adult size I asked for I'll really be surprised now! I'll have had him 5 days tomorrow and he eats maybe a tablespoon of food a day. He is cute and cuddly, only 2 lbs. and is hopping around like a rabbit. I have tried everything to get him to eat that I can think of plus the vet's ideas. Petland has been of no help and I will not approach them having read this sight. I'm not sure what is going to happen. Please don't buy from Petland!

Petland Logo Petland