Petland Arboretum / rip off
On February 27, 2008, my parents purchased a dog for me from Petland. He is a mix breed called a 'Cavachon'. He is a joy to have and is a wonderful animal, but he is sick. Petland legally sold my parents a sick animal with kennel cough and blood in his stools. I have documentation from the store where the pets caretakers daily updated how he was doing.
Born in October, Petland received him in December of 2007. Since they received him, they notated he had blood in his stools, in which they gave him 'preventive meds'. They also notated his coughing, but it doesn't appear anything was done. This is just plain stupid since kennel cough is contagious to other dogs and probably spread to any other animal he came in contact with. Petland literally kept an animal in a cage and didn't properly take care of him. When he was purchased, the vet there told my parents that the blood in his stools was caused due to 'stress' and that it was normal and would go away.
To this date, it has not gone away. Not trusting their vet, I took my beautiful dog to my own vet closeby. My vet was very concerned about the blood in his stools, especially since he has had it almost all his life. He ran some tests and sent us home with medication, but we are unsure what the cause is as of yet. All I know for sure is that Petland sold him to us on a lie that he was perfectly healthy at the time of sale and Petland did not care for him properly when they knew he was not well. Petland and its employee's do not care for animals, they are just there to get your money.
More Petland Arboretum Complaints & Reviews
- Petland - they lied us about ferret we bought 
- Petland - terrible experience! 
- Petland- Robinson Town Center PA - sick puppy!! 
- Petland - been ripped off 
- Petland Pittsburgh Monroeville - Monroeville, PA - sick puppy and false documents 
- Petland - account assure / comenity
- Petland - fraud on puppy purchase
- Petland - Canada - wing trims
- Petland Strongsville OH - Rude staff 
- Petland of Largo - We bought puppy, but he was seriously ill