Petland Arboretum / rip off

On February 27, 2008, my parents purchased a dog for me from Petland. He is a mix breed called a 'Cavachon'. He is a joy to have and is a wonderful animal, but he is sick. Petland legally sold my parents a sick animal with kennel cough and blood in his stools. I have documentation from the store where the pets caretakers daily updated how he was doing.

Born in October, Petland received him in December of 2007. Since they received him, they notated he had blood in his stools, in which they gave him 'preventive meds'. They also notated his coughing, but it doesn't appear anything was done. This is just plain stupid since kennel cough is contagious to other dogs and probably spread to any other animal he came in contact with. Petland literally kept an animal in a cage and didn't properly take care of him. When he was purchased, the vet there told my parents that the blood in his stools was caused due to 'stress' and that it was normal and would go away.

To this date, it has not gone away. Not trusting their vet, I took my beautiful dog to my own vet closeby. My vet was very concerned about the blood in his stools, especially since he has had it almost all his life. He ran some tests and sent us home with medication, but we are unsure what the cause is as of yet. All I know for sure is that Petland sold him to us on a lie that he was perfectly healthy at the time of sale and Petland did not care for him properly when they knew he was not well. Petland and its employee's do not care for animals, they are just there to get your money.

Va

Comments

Ch
  4th of Mar, 2009

Ultimately you, or your parents, signed the dotted line. In doing so, you told Petland that you agree with their products and services regarding your new pet. If there was any concern about the health of your puppy, then maybe there should have been some second thought as to its purchase. I find it hard to believe that you, or your parents, were "duped" into anything. What ever happened to thinking for yourself?