Petals.com / No product, no response

On July 10, 2007 I placed an order for a silk flower arrangement to be sent to my sister in Alabama for her birthday. After several weeks, I tried contacting Petals.com both by email and telephone. Their customer service phone number and email address are a joke! I have tried many times to email and call with no response. My debit card has not been charged but every few days, the amount of my order will be taken out of my "available" balance, like they are about to charge it. I even found a fax number where you contact them if you are interested in employment & sent them a letter about my order. Again, no response. I am considering reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. They appear to be nothing but a SCAM.

A  4th of Sep, 2007 by
Try calling their corporate office, 203-431-3300 EXT 144 or 143.
A  6th of Sep, 2007 by
I am having the same problem and agree their contact information is a joke. A neighbor used them but ordered over the telephone. I can't even find a phone number to call. Even catalog request was a joke as well.
A  18th of Apr, 2008 by
We used Petals (Petals Decorative Accents, Inc. a.k.a. Petals.Com) several times a few years ago without incident. This time however, the item wasn't sent, we weren't notified that it would not be sent (even though we requested express delivery), and when we called, we were told that the product was out of stock indefinitely. Petals would not consider paying the freight to rush an alternative gift to ameliorate the problem.

Petals claimed that they had computer problems that led to this failure, but that seems to be a recurring excuse with them.

So far, they have not charged our credit card, but the month is young.

Petals went online after it merged with the bankrupt ImmunoTechnology Corporation in late 2005. It seems to have filed only one financial statement with the SEC, in November of 2006. Its continual failure to file timely financial statements and its money losing history don't inspire great confidence in Petals' president and chairman, Stephen M. Hicks, or in its chief executive, Christopher Topping.

In sum, this seems to be a company run by people who don't honor their promises.

Petals.com Logo Petals.com