Pep Boys / service/repair

1 Las Cruces, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 575-524-7734

I had my Dodge Durango, which only has 65, 000 miles on it, to Pep Boys because the oil pressure gauge dropped to ZERO and the check gauges light came on. As soon as this happened, I pulled the vehicle over and parked it where it sat for 3 months till I had some extra money for repairs. The first day that Pep Boys had it, they test drove it several times and couldn't duplicate the problem, said that the sensor was loose and they unplugged it, plugged it back in and everything was fine I could pick it up and they would even discount the diagnostic charge. When I got there to pick it up, the mechanic had it up on the lift and the service manager Shawn said that the technician drove it one more time and the oil pressure gauge dropped and they light came back on, said I needed an oil pump. More than 24 hours and $725 later, I picked it up and drove it home. I was so happy to have my car back, told everyone what a great job they did, etc. On the evening of the 3rd day, I was driving and again, the oil pressure dropped and the light came on. I immediataly pulled over and called Pep Boys. They apologized told me to have it towed back in the morning. I left it where it was, and first thing in the morning I had it towed by Pep Boys. Right before closing that day, I received a call from the service manager telling me he had bad news. They mis diagnosed the problem and I now had internal engine damage, he would discount the cost of the engine and apply what I already paid to the labor charges but it would still cost me approx. $3600 to replace. Pep Boys damaged my engine by test driving it several times in one day when it wasn't getting any oil into the engine and by letting me take it home when it wasn't fixed properly. They further damaged the engine by again, test driving it again several times with no oil pressure the 2nd time I towed it in. They tried to tell me that this would've happened regardless but they are trying to cover their own butts. Oh yeah, they did refund me the cost of their mis-diagnosis repairs, but refuse to take ownership of their error and replace my engine, so now I'm stuck with a vehicle that I'm still making payments on and can't drive! I have contacted the BBB and the State Attorney General of New Mexico, they will, one way or another, pay for the mistakes!

Comments