Pep Boys / scam... attempted rip off
Purchased 4 tires 6 months ago for Volvo v70 Cross Country. Noticed a bad vibration over 65 mph, went back to have tires balanced, was told both front shocks had blown out, they gave me an estimate of $950 to replace them. I opted to go to Branford to a mechanic who worked on my MG's and other foreign cars. They road tested the car then put it on the lift. shocks were perfectly fine, a sway bar linkage was broken, $57 for the part plus$85 labor. Big difference from $950... These idiots at Pep Boys are either incompetant or sleazy rip off artists, or both...
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - Oil Change
- Pep Boys - steering wheel stiff
- Pep Boys - faulty parts, customer service.
- Pep Boys - service
- Pep Boys - alternator & pep boys manager