Pella / Window

May 26, 2015
Pella Showroom
Terrible experience - would not recommend Pella for replacement windows here in Colorado. A seal was broken in a crescent window on the second floor of my house - a very expensive window. The salesman told me to "paint" the outside of the window to match the house trim - this voids the warranty and regular paint peels. He measured the glass dimensions rather than the opening, so the window shipped was more than 3" too small for the opening. They tried to convince me they could just "fill" the opening with "putty" rather than put in a window with the correct dimensions. They sent a new, cheaper made window and installed it. Meanwhile my siding was damaged and currently has a big hole in it, so I will have to replace several boards so it looks right.

When I called Iowa to complain about the experience they told me they could/would not help me since the Showroom Operations are a separate entity. Tim Glidden is supposedly the Retail Manager for this area and he could care less. It was a terrible and expensive (several thousand dollars) experience which continues to cost money.

Good contractors in Colorado are hard to find. Would not recommend Pella. Find someone who cares about their reputation, service and product.

Pella Corporation Logo Pella Corporation